dcsimg

Contractor Talk forums emailed me

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Kevin6
    Pro

Yes, we are not in any rush to add quantity before quality. We do appreciate the new members that have made a good blend with the current group.
    Thanks again for keeping that quality up!

redwood
    Pro

There are a lot of good folks over at CT, just like here at BTP. There are just so many personalities there, that you are bound to have someone that stirs up the place.

I hope Killer never finds this site.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

I hope Killer never finds this site.

Amen.
    That’s one individual that I don’t think got along with anyone.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

There is certainly a bit of that going on over there. I have my run ins with a few members over there, some of that is based on strong personality types that clash, and that can happen anywhere.

A lot of it is that many of us who get into this business can be opinionated and, well, pig headed. You get a bunch of people like that together and there are bound to be arguments.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

I think one thing that seemed harmless at first but is a negative to new guys over there is the post count. If you post with little to no posts, you are not taken seriuosly. A fifty year vet of the trades could offer some good advise, but it might be passed up because of being a newb. I myself was guilty of making that assumption after being there for a while.

I know we have points here, but it doesnt seem to matter how many you have because you could have just blown a bunch but still been here for a while.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

A lot of it is that many of us who get into this business can be opinionated and, well, pig headed. You get a bunch of people like that together and there are bound to be arguments.

No, you’re completely wrong. I can’t believe how wrong you are. Even if you present video proof, sworn testimony, and pictures you’re still wrong.

🙂

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

I think one thing that seemed harmless at first but is a negative to new guys over there is the post count. If you post with little to no posts, you are not taken seriuosly. A fifty year vet of the trades could offer some good advise, but it might be passed up because of being a newb. I myself was guilty of making that assumption after being there for a while.

I know we have points here, but it doesnt seem to matter how many you have because you could have just blown a bunch but still been here for a while.

I would agree. But there also needs to be a sense of civility. People are sometimes empowered to say things while hiding behind a keyboard that shouldn’t be said.

I finally had to stay out of the basement there. I hope BTP never starts that aspect here. If you want to discuss that stuff, I’ve decided, go to those types of forums. I’m all about being passionate about lots of things. But some things just don’t mix. I guess that’s one of the things I’ve really enjoyed about being here. A P&R free zone!

My bphealth and blood pressure’s so much better now! laughing

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Someone here just blew 440k points recently.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

rex is another one we can do without. and red liz

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

And that svronthmve guy… 😉

--Steve

Rex believe it or not, is OK. Granted, there is an amount of goofing off that is not quite on the professional side.

Red Liz is a guy, FYI.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

The worst I ever felt on CT was just a little awkward. And it wasn’t because I’m female. I never revealed my gender on CT. Funny, I never reveal my gender on contractor sites, except for this one. I just feel fine posting on this site with such great people 🙂 Nice to just be myself!

Pat

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Yeah, I never thought about the post count. I think BTP would probably have some crazy numbers on that for some of us, The points makes it encouraging to say more and I think pulls people out that would otherwise just be lurking. I never posted much on CT, especially not as much as I do around here.

I would agree. But there also needs to be a sense of civility. People are sometimes empowered to say things while hiding behind a keyboard that shouldn’t be said.

I finally had to stay out of the basement there. I hope BTP never starts that aspect here. If you want to discuss that stuff, I’ve decided, go to those types of forums. I’m all about being passionate about lots of things. But some things just don’t mix. I guess that’s one of the things I’ve really enjoyed about being here. A P&R free zone!

My bphealth and blood pressure’s so much better now! laughing

I agree 100% @hdpro! Keep P&R out of this place…it’s working fine without it!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

2nd on Killer not finding this place!

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

And that svronthmve guy… ;)

Whatcha talk in’ about Willis?!?! 🙂

@TimelessQuality

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

--Steve

Kevin6
    Pro

<P>I think one thing that seemed harmless at first but is a negative to new guys over there is the post count. If you post with little to no posts, you are not taken seriuosly. A fifty year vet of the trades could offer some good advise, but it might be passed up because of being a newb. I myself was guilty of making that assumption after being there for a while. </P>
    <P>I know we have points here, but it doesnt seem to matter how many you have because you could have just blown a bunch but still been here for a while.</P>

<P>I would agree. But there also needs to be a sense of civility. People are sometimes empowered to say things while hiding behind a keyboard that shouldn’t be said. </P>
    <P>I finally had to stay out of the basement there. I hope BTP never starts that aspect here. If you want to discuss that stuff, I’ve decided, go to those types of forums. I’m all about being passionate about lots of things. But some things just don’t mix. I guess that’s one of the things I’ve really enjoyed about being here. A P&R free zone! </P>
    <P>My bphealth and blood pressure’s so much better now! laughing </P>

<P>I agree 100% @hdpro! Keep P&R out of this place…it’s working fine without it!</P>

Yes, just a community helping each other and talking about best practices (and sometimes chickens). But not a forum for politics and religion- there are other forums dedicated to that. Lets stick to construction (and chickens!-I’d like to taste a farm chicken-I had a friend who raised pigs-and it was a big difference, oh yeah-and they used tools on the farm-just to keep it on topic)

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Yes, just a community helping each other and talking about best practices (and sometimes chickens). But not a forum for politics and religion- there are other forums dedicated to that. Lets stick to construction (and chickens!-I’d like to taste a farm chicken-I had a friend who raised pigs-and it was a big difference, oh yeah-and they used tools on the farm-just to keep it on topic)

True, Kevin.
    That gave me a chuckle when you said they used tools on the farm – just to keep it on topic 🙂

Pat

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

CT has been doing a monthly news letter similar to JLC of late. The sure is great for many things like broad content clear visibility of where you are & where you have been.

I like most of the members some of the young guys can be cocky.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.502 seconds