dcsimg

Contractor Talk forums emailed me

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    redwood
    Pro

I think we’ll reach out and ask if they want a free banner ad on our site. As you see, we promote other relevant tool blogs and bloggers already. (Todd & Rob have been great!)

Are you hoping for a reciprocal agreement? I wouldn’t see any reason otherwise.

I think that blogs are a whole lot different then another forum. Understand that most of us have only so many hours to devote to forums before our lives become very distorted.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

I have only looked at CT…never posted. I am an active member of just a couple of forums and really enjoy this one. I like the smaller community.

Orange County, CA

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Thanks all for making this a great community. We are also fans of contractor talk (except for some of the craziness that has nothing to do with construction!)

I think we’ll reach out and ask if they want a free banner ad on our site. As you see, we promote other relevant tool blogs and bloggers already. (Todd & Rob have been great!)

What do you think?

@Kevin6
    , I personally would NOT recommend it or think it would be in btp’s best interest. I’d encourage you guys to think long and hard before doing it. That’s all I’ll say at this point.

I have to agree with @hdpro. I don’t see the benefit to BTP. I get the friendly gesture, but I can’t see the logic. Now I am feeble minded on the marketing side of buisness so maybe someone else can shed some light….

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

I do appreciate the idea of the friendly gesture to CT but I too echo the sentiments of all four above. I’m not quite sure I understand the partnership?

John S

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I think I get where you’re coming from Kevin, I think a lot of guys might be spending more time here now than they might have on there, or at least they might perceive it that way. I think it’s a nice gesture but maybe not necessary, it just goes to show the type of good people behind BTP that you would think of doing that.

I know I spend a lot of time here, but I still do read CT, the FOG, GJ and others, maybe not as much but I do still check them out.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I got No E-Mail?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have only looked at CT…never posted. I am an active member of just a couple of forums and really enjoy this one. I like the smaller community.

I will admit I’ve looked at CT a bit and even posted a few times. I spend most of my time here because of the nice bunch of guys here,,, Oh and a gal or three.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I didn’t receive an email either. I’m wondering if it’s only for those that may not post daily. I pretty much post something everyday.

Kevin6
    Pro

Ok, I trust you guys. No partnership, but we were not proposing that- just an ad. Was just a friendly gesture. While there is some things like forums that are similar. There are also a lot of differences. We will just keep plugging away and continue to add new items.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Understand that most of us have only so many hours to devote to forums before our lives become very distorted.

Kind of late for some of us don’t you think?

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I get lots of emails from CT, but they’re all about threads I’m subscribed to. Haven’t got the one referred to in this thread..

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I got one and have been getting them for the last 5 or 6 years , A lot of woodworking sites do that .It is not unusual .

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I get a newsletter every few months it feels like, haven’t posted in a long time but no email for me. Maybe they don’t want me back 🙂 I do still read.

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Ok, I trust you guys. No partnership, but we were not proposing that- just an ad. Was just a friendly gesture. While there is some things like forums that are similar. There are also a lot of differences. We will just keep plugging away and continue to add new items.

You guys are doing a GREAT job here at BTP , @Kevin6 ! I know you’re trying to grow the site and that WILL come.

From what I’ve observed from both forums, the guys that have recently come over from CT to here are a lot of the cream of the crop from there (note, please don’t take this as a shameless plug including myself in that – that’s not what’s intended!). Good content and credible posters are to be more highly valued than an onslaught of rapid nonsense.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I’ve posted a very few times on CT years ago. To be quite honest, the feeling I got on CT was not the same as on BTP. Here it’s almost like we’re all a well-working crew, being receptive to whatever questions are posted and responding in a helpful way. Seems like I’m learning a lot more here in a much more friendly environment.

It’s been so long since I posted on CT that I can’t remember how it was there, but it wasn’t a place where I felt encouraged to participate. Maybe it’s just me. CT is a nice forum, but I’m learning a heck of a lot more on BTP.

Pat

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

That is do to everyone wanting to bash people over there. At least that’s the feeling they give out.

That is do to everyone wanting to bash people over there. At least that’s the feeling they give out.

There is certainly a bit of that going on over there. I have my run ins with a few members over there, some of that is based on strong personality types that clash, and that can happen anywhere.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

There is certainly a bit of that going on over there. I have my run ins with a few members over there, some of that is based on strong personality types that clash, and that can happen anywhere.

Very true

From what I’ve observed from both forums, the guys that have recently come over from CT to here are a lot of the cream of the crop from there (note, please don’t take this as a shameless plug including myself in that – that’s not what’s intended!). Good content and credible posters are to be more highly valued than an onslaught of rapid nonsense.

I do agree that the guys who have come have definitely added value to BTP! Quality folk, I tell ya!

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.591 seconds