dcsimg

Contractor Talk forums emailed me

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I haven’t posted on Contractor Talk forums in years and they never bothered to email me about anything.
    Now, all of a sudden, I get this weird email titled ‘Contractor Talk is your forum, so stop by and speak up!’

Got me to thinking. I wonder if a lot of their members stopped posting lately due to coming here to BTP??

That’s the only thing I can think of. Anyone else get this email?

If Contractor Talk traffic is indeed slowing down, they will most likely be at risk with their sponsors, I would think…

Pat

It’s not slowing down, I assure you.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

They seem to have tons of posters there. I see no decline.

Thatkid
    Pro

I got that email from them yesterday to and I thought the same thing. Because I haven’t posted their in a while and they never sent an email before.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I got that email from them yesterday to and I thought the same thing. Because I haven’t posted their in a while and they never sent an email before.

Its been a while for me. I mostly just reads some stuff there. no email though

I got the email and still regularly post. They were bought from Nathan a while back so the new guys are just rolling out changes.

I don’t think it’s slowing down, but I do think it’s lower quality than it used to be.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

I recently became and member there and have read a few things and here and there…. so I don’t think it is anything other than a push for more people to post more often… I wouldn’t read much more into it probably.

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

Probably just coincidental timing

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I got the same email.

Lots of forums do this. They know what members are not active and send a little reminder to say come back and join. Most of the forums that I get these from are BIG and have a dependency on ad revenue.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

redwood
    Pro

I also received the same email. My posting over there has certainly gone down since I started posting on this site. This forum stuff takes a lot of time to read through topics. There are so many subforums at CT that I have never even peeked in.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Moze
    Dallas, TX

I got the same email and don’t post much there. Probably just a yearly thing they send out or something.

Resident Sign Guy

I still visit daily there. There is a lot of repetition over there. I would say my posting has slowed since joining here, but I like it here better.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

did they offer incentives?

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I wouldn’t read into anything. I just got an email from jeepforum with the same kind of message.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Sven, you might want to look into BTJ… BeTheJeep forums 🙂

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

I got the email and still regularly post. They were bought from Nathan a while back so the new guys are just rolling out changes.

I don’t think it’s slowing down, but I do think it’s lower quality than it used to be.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^YEP! There you go, right there!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

did they offer incentives?

To stay and post? No.

To leave and join here? Yes, since the new owners….(laughing!)

Thatkid
    Pro

It seems like people get in pissing matches over there about everything and over here is a lot friendlier.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the emails started after nathan sold ct and angus started remodelers zone. yes there is quite a bit of stupid stuff over there but its usually do to people not following the rules.. that page is for contractors only not diyers and homeowners.. there have been countless diyers and h.os trying to pose as contractors to fish for information on pricing and legal stuff.

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

I never minded a DIYer asking a simple question, but the ones that would pose as a contractor when clearly from their question they weren’t always got to me. Or worse, the ones that were trying to get info so they could flame their current contractor.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.587 seconds