dcsimg

Contact from BTP posts

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Has anyone else out there gotten calls from posts someone has seen that you have made on BTP?

A while back I had someone mention that they had seen a post I had made on something and today I got a call asking me questions about a post I had made on a wood foundations topic that we had quite a while back. It looks like I may get a little consulting opportunity out of it.

Anyone else had these opportunities pop up from your participation here?

Has anyone else out there gotten calls from posts someone has seen that you have made on BTP?

A while back I had someone mention that they had seen a post I had made on something and today I got a call asking me questions about a post I had made on a wood foundations topic that we had quite a while back. It looks like I may get a little consulting opportunity out of it.

Woah I never would have thought that possible. I did get a request to be interviewed because of a post I made on the construction SubReddit but declined because the questions were better suited for a someone who’s been in the field longer than myself. So having a profile that easily links to your business or work can be a bit of a competitive advantage, interesting to think about.

Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% Attitude.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Everyone should have their work contact information in their signature. The posts on BTP do get picked up by search engines so it is a good way to get the word out about your business – albeit one reader/viewer at a time.

Cheers,

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Everyone should have their work contact information in their signature. The posts on BTP do get picked up by search engines so it is a good way to get the word out about your business – albeit one reader/viewer at a time.

Cheers,

Jim

They do, I was just checking how the lady had found me and did a search on “wood foundations MN” ant the PBT post came up as the second line of the search.

Before even calling me she had checked out my website and company Facebook page to get more information on me .

I had never looked at BTP in this way before.

Cheers,

Jim

When I get to that point in my career I will for sure update my profile to include those details.

Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% Attitude.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That is pretty cool how that happen. I guess one never knows.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Not a bad idea actually.. yes bethepro does come up on search engines I will update my info

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I received another contact yesterday from someone who was researching an insulation product, that we had discussed on BTP, and came across the BTP website. They noticed I was in their area and emailed me with questions. I gave him as much information as I could. I dont think it will result in a job, but it may be a referral someday

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I received another contact yesterday from someone who was researching an insulation product, that we had discussed on BTP, and came across the BTP website. They noticed I was in their area and emailed me with questions. I gave him as much information as I could. I dont think it will result in a job, but it may be a referral someday

That’s great Kurt. Hopefully it turns into something good for you.

I too had a call several months ago from someone who had seen my posts here. Unfortunately, they were a bit further away than I typically work, but its nice to see that our discussions here are read by the masses.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I got a call once from a woman in Oregon who owned an old house here in the town I live in in Kentucky. She had seen a thread on here I started, about flipping houses, and wondered if I would be interested in buying hers. I did look at the house, but didn’t pursue it. Not sure how she got my info, she contacted me on Facebook Messenger.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That is good to hear. Hopefully you get some work this or even down the road.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.317 seconds