dcsimg

Construction Videos

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I like this guy,, he uses power equipment.

Interesting concept on his off grid cabin.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN
    rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Another build, another season of the Crazy Framer.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

I came across this video on how to reno a bathroom from start to finish. I started watching it, but at nearly 3 hours long, I’m watching it in batches.

This guy seems to have a lot of how-to videos and the few I started looking at seem pretty good and he knows what he’s doing. I don’t subscribe to hardly anything on YT, but I did this guy. He’s quite watchable and explains things well without a bunch of fluffy nonsense or pushing for some brands that are supporting him like so many YT videos are inundated with nowadays.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I came across this video on how to reno a bathroom from start to finish. I started watching it, but at nearly 3 hours long, I’m watching it in batches.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”DIY Bathroom Renovation | Step by Step Guide | from A to Z” width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLBMV3cLgsTKmdT-ct0hE3M7tsJExOH6qB&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>
    This guy seems to have a lot of how-to videos and the few I started looking at seem pretty good and he knows what he’s doing. I don’t subscribe to hardly anything on YT, but I did this guy. He’s quite watchable and explains things well without a bunch of fluffy nonsense or pushing for some brands that are supporting him like so many YT videos are inundated with nowadays.

I have watched this guy alot and I have even Subscribed to his channel. I haven’t watched much of his videos lately. I have yet to watch this one.

Greg

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”DIY Bathroom Renovation | Step by Step Guide | from A to Z” width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLBMV3cLgsTKmdT-ct0hE3M7tsJExOH6qB&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

I have seen his stuff on YouTube, it’s funny how some people just bad mouth him , at least he’s giving some good tips and tricks.

Doobie

I have seen his stuff on YouTube, it’s funny how some people just bad mouth him…

For some people, it’s a hobby bad mouthing others. Typically people who are jealous.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I have seen his stuff on YouTube, it’s funny how some people just bad mouth him…

For some people, it’s a hobby bad mouthing others. Typically people who are jealous.

This is true. People have nothing better too do. Plus it makes then feel better when they bad mouth others.

Greg

This is true. People have nothing better too do. Plus it makes then feel better when they bad mouth others.

Yup
    Lots of social media sites are often like that.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Greg

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”Top 10 Uses of a Rafter square, aka "speed" square” width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/eNH_BhjwhV8?start=394&feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Some good little tips ,

I like his channel ,I also see him plenty of time on IG. Thanks Greg.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”Top 10 Uses of a Rafter square, aka “speed” square” width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/eNH_BhjwhV8?start=394&feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Some good little tips ,

I like his channel ,I also see him plenty of time on IG. Thanks Greg.

Your welcome Brian! Yeah there is some good tips.
    I like his channel too. I see him on IG also.

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Good rundown of framing requirements.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

A little different type of building. I liked the video.

Greg

CB
    Pro

Good rundown of framing requirements.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”How to inspect framing” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Zu2psr3n4QU?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” width=”770″ height=”433″ frameborder=”0″></iframe></figure>

Several times throughout this video, the framing inspector stated that he was looking for “web stiffeners”, or rather, missing web stiffeners, but the plans did not call for any web stiffeners (that add more resistance to compression deformation on select chords within a truss that the engineer identifies as being subject to greater load transfer).

Since no stiffeners were called for in the structural plans, there was nothing to show in the video in that regard. But give a lot of props to the fellow who made the video for mentioning web stiffeners, because it apparently always surprises some apprentice carpenters and home owners alike that sometimes individual truss members need to be supplemented… and it isn’t necessarily intuitive which chord needs a stiffener, as their placement can appear at first glance to be rather random.

Here are some examples of where these web stiffeners can be placed on truss members. The original truss chord is rattle canned with hi vis orange paint, to identify where the stiffener, nailed broad face perpindicularly to the narrow edge of the truss member in order to form a T shape, where the horizontal part of the T is the add on to stiffen the vertical part of the T.

Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Renovation of a century old cabin.

and here is a link to his current project..

http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=4b67c3d1120201635bca54b25a228a62&topic=52009.0

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

This one is for @cmeyer25

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

This one is for @cmeyer25

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”Log House Repair in Norway Part 3 – Timber Hunting” width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/0aX6kIC-liA?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

I think my cabin work was a little less involved, lol.

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.495 seconds