dcsimg

Construction Blogging

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

so grab yourselves some coffee.

Thanks for the inspiration. I will order cards and start moving forward with this online presents(sp).

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@58Chev I only blog on my website thomasdecks.com, and it’s really nothing special. Boring even…I just provide information on what products we use. On Houzz or Pinterest, I just upload new photos when we finish something.

@Clev08 I would much rather just go to work do my job, and everything be word of mouth. In a smaller town I think contractors or anyone with a service can still go that route, but here in Cincinnati where deck builders are a dime a dozen, I’ve got to stay relevant somehow, and I’ve had to learn to keep up, not just with the work of other builders, but their websites as well.

Clev08
    Pro

@TaraC Very true! I love the demo and building processes but all that other stuff I could do without, luckily most people around me still use word of mouth. There is one builder around here who has the website, the designer, and the fancy office to impress clients. He hasn’t had a happy customer in a while but somehow he keeps people coming in the door..

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Are we not already “blogging” on these forums?

In a sense you are, but in the sense that you want to be the owner of a blog and make some money, then no. Blogging in the construction space online has some interesting aspects to it and those who are making money are crating content for niche audiences. That’s really what I would be giving advice on. It looks like we can use join.me for the webinar. It also seems like we have a few interested members for sure. So lets decide on a time when a webinar would be so that we can get the most members.

Evenings would be best for me through the week, on the weekends my schedule is fairly open.

I am going to make this thread a sticky so interested members can find it easier.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

When I start back up again shortly my schedule will be hectic, so evenings would be best for me. I may even have to watch the recorded video depending on time.

A Working Pro since 2004

woodman_412

Evenings through the week or weekends are best for me. If it happens to be during the day through the week I can probably work it in depending on what I’m working on that day.

Dan

danpattison.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Definitely evenings for me as well. I may have some limited availability mid day, but nothing I would want to commit to a schedule.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

When I start back up again shortly my schedule will be hectic, so evenings would be best for me. I may even have to watch the recorded video depending on time.

due to my schedule i may not be able to watch it live as i work shifts which is a pity but i’ll definitely be catching the replay. However if you can list a few different days i can pinpoint the days i have evenings or weekends free so everyone can watch it at the same time, it’ll be a btp first.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Late afternoon, or late evening is good for me, that being said, I will try to make myself available for what ever time they choose.

Clev08
    Pro

Between 5:30 and 6 otherwise I’m not available till about ten at night.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

@Montreal_Medic – always welcome your expertise in this realm. I know you have some serious online chops as well so when I schedule this we’ll for sure be calling on you to assist.

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

TO ALL MEMBERS!!!

This behavior is completely unacceptable! If you want to bicker like school kids do so in private message not,I repeat NOT, in the open forum. If there is someone here who annoys you – ignore them. If someone says something out of line, tell a moderator. The past few weeks I have been more of a babysitter for children than a moderator on a forum comprised of adults…some of the behavior I have seen in this thread alone is absolutely ponderous.

There will be a few members receiving pm’s from me shortly – the content of that message needs to be needed. There are some of you who were actively pm’ing me while taking part in this BS…upsetting to say the least. I will say that in all probability some of this mess will be related to Jim, not my preferred action but it is what is necessary at this point.

Hey. Cut the crap out. Get along peacefully and be respectful of all members. Day jobbers, contractors and highly engaged DIY’ers should all be able to converse without any name calling, racial references or any manner of bullying or ganging up. This will NOT be tolerated – BY ANYONE!

If someone says/posts something you disagree with, then have the common courtesy of posting a thoughtful (and respectful response). OR say nothing and ignore it and move on to another subject. The moderators are here to “moderate” not babysit. Cur the petty crap out and commence with the idea and knowledge sharing.

To be sure, points will be removed for any violation of our policy of respect, with the possibility of banishment. Let’s not let BTP slip down the slippery slope of petty BS that so many other contractor forums have. That’s what makes this place different and valuable.

C’mon people, we’re better than this (I can’t believe I have to even write this). Sorry to the new members, as this is not how we normally behave around here.

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

It looks like we can use join.me for the webinar. It also seems like we have a few interested members for sure. So lets decide on a time when a webinar would be so that we can get the most members.

Evenings (after 6PM) and most weekends for me. I would love to sit in, listen and learn from the others willing to share there expertise.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie

Just started looking at this thread. Glad I missed all the shenanigans. By the sounds of it, it wasn’t pretty.

Sign me up for contact so I can take a look at least at what this is all about. I have very flexible availability.

Has there been a time picked yet for members to see .

Always willing to learn .

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Can’t wait for this to get going, I’d like to set up a blog for some of my reviews and my upcoming 3d printer build.

Doobie

Can’t wait for this to get going, I’d like to set up a blog for some of my reviews and my upcoming 3d printer build.

You looking at building a 3D printer. Or am I misunderstanding?

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

You looking at building a 3D printer. Or am I misunderstanding?

I will be starting hopefully by the end of March. I’ll be working with a few other guys that are also building 3d printers too.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Checking back in to make sure I didn’t miss any dates posted.

Sounds like a great idea Kyle!

A Working Pro since 2004

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

This sounds interesting, just give some advanced notice of the date.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.687 seconds