dcsimg

Construction Blogging

This topic contains 129 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 129 total)
  • Author

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Jim @bethepro posted this in another thread and I figured I would give it it’s own thread as Jim mentioned. I would definitely be interested interested in this. If anyone else is interested post in this thread and we will see if we can get a group together and coordinate something with Jim.

Please keep the thread free from off topic posts so we can easily tell how many people are interested.

Here is Jim’s post:

@dirtywhiteboy good sniff on that advertising, but in actuality here is an excellent example of how a link to a site is not linkbait or spam. This is related to content that @waltersm reached out to crowdsource a few reviews and guidance on. Being also that he is a contractor and it happens to be on his own business site doesn’t count against him (we do allow your own website in your signature – if you choose to). Again, he only recently joined, so there is always cause for suspicion with that.

Normally Dirty I would agree, but this is a prime example of how it should be done. It is all about the content that drives the right eyeballs to a website (and search engines to the site). Actually, this is an excellent case study of how to build a site that advertisers would love to pay you to advertise on. If it were generically named such as BestMasonryGuide.com (which is actually available) and then had sections such as @utopia78 suggested, he could make it the wikipedia of masonry tools, mixes and more, including hand and power tools – which is where he could also be an affiliate and sell tools from Amazon or THD or Lowe’s or Acme. Great niche appeal site with higher priced accessories. Just make sure to back it all up with personal experience as well as the experiences of others with reviews and tool head to heads. This is how most of the contractor blogs make their money. By focusing on a small niche and then being the “authority” site about it. Can be a lot of work but you can also make $25K to $100K+ or more. Once you have the formula, it then gets applied to other niche areas.

I left contracting to do online marketing and niche content marketing has one of the highest yields as far as successful home based business’. For many of you this may be an option as you are all authorities on some subject. If there is an audience that is looking for that content, then you may have a second life (pun intended for you internet old timers) as a blogger or website marketer in the construction space.

Think about it, as most trades people will need to find a 2nd career when they retire that they can control how much they make based on how much time they invest in it. Being involved in a trade you love, and getting paid to provide support in the form of knowledge to the industry might seem like a perfect way to transfer years of hard work into a profitable venture.

If there are enough of you that would think you would benefit from it, I would be happy to do a few live sessions on Periscope or some other webinar type platform and go over the basics of getting started in construction blogging as more than a hobby.

Maybe we can start a new topic thread if you want and use this post as the intro.

Just trying to help.

Cheers,

Jim

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

redwood
    Pro

I’m definitely interested.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Nice I would love to be a part of that as well.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Yes i would love to join that periscope video chat, and to gain more insights into a niche type blog.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I would be interested in taking part of this

@chadm thanks for the help in the pm

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I would be interested also!

A Working Pro since 2004

Yes i would love to join that periscope video chat, and to gain more insights into a niche type blog.

I may have to look at periscope . I don’t know what it is . But I’m guessing it’s a game changer in site content.

Always willing to learn .

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Are we not already “blogging” on these forums?

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I may have to look at periscope . I don’t know what it is . But I’m guessing it’s a game changer in site content.

you want to start a thread on it? I can tell you what i know over there so we don’t plug up this one.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I would be interested in finding out more about it.

Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

I’m down. I already have a project blog on my website. But I’ve been thinking about starting more of a niche content blogging site for a while now.
    So this would be great!

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I would be somewhat interested as well.

woodman_412

I’d definitely be interested.

Dan

danpattison.com

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Count me in on it as well.

Im in

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I find that there aren’t many tool blogs even though it seems like it sometimes. Lots of room for more!

A Working Pro since 2004

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

TO ALL MEMBERS!!!

This behavior is completely unacceptable! If you want to bicker like school kids do so in private message not,I repeat NOT, in the open forum. If there is someone here who annoys you – ignore them. If someone says something out of line, tell a moderator. The past few weeks I have been more of a babysitter for children than a moderator on a forum comprised of adults…some of the behavior I have seen in this thread alone is absolutely ponderous.

There will be a few members receiving pm’s from me shortly – the content of that message needs to be needed. There are some of you who were actively pm’ing me while taking part in this BS…upsetting to say the least. I will say that in all probability some of this mess will be related to Jim, not my preferred action but it is what is necessary at this point.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’m interested as well!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Jim @bethepro posted this in another thread and I figured I would give it it’s own thread as Jim mentioned. I would definitely be interested interested in this. If anyone else is interested post in this thread and we will see if we can get a group together and coordinate something with Jim.

Please keep the thread free from off topic posts so we can easily tell how many people are interested.

Here is Jim’s post:

@dirtywhiteboy good sniff on that advertising, but in actuality here is an excellent example of how a link to a site is not linkbait or spam. This is related to content that @waltersm reached out to crowdsource a few reviews and guidance on. Being also that he is a contractor and it happens to be on his own business site doesn’t count against him (we do allow your own website in your signature – if you choose to). Again, he only recently joined, so there is always cause for suspicion with that.

Normally Dirty I would agree, but this is a prime example of how it should be done. It is all about the content that drives the right eyeballs to a website (and search engines to the site). Actually, this is an excellent case study of how to build a site that advertisers would love to pay you to advertise on. If it were generically named such as BestMasonryGuide.com (which is actually available) and then had sections such as @utopia78 suggested, he could make it the wikipedia of masonry tools, mixes and more, including hand and power tools – which is where he could also be an affiliate and sell tools from Amazon or THD or Lowe’s or Acme. Great niche appeal site with higher priced accessories. Just make sure to back it all up with personal experience as well as the experiences of others with reviews and tool head to heads. This is how most of the contractor blogs make their money. By focusing on a small niche and then being the “authority” site about it. Can be a lot of work but you can also make $25K to $100K+ or more. Once you have the formula, it then gets applied to other niche areas.

I left contracting to do online marketing and niche content marketing has one of the highest yields as far as successful home based business’. For many of you this may be an option as you are all authorities on some subject. If there is an audience that is looking for that content, then you may have a second life (pun intended for you internet old timers) as a blogger or website marketer in the construction space.

Think about it, as most trades people will need to find a 2nd career when they retire that they can control how much they make based on how much time they invest in it. Being involved in a trade you love, and getting paid to provide support in the form of knowledge to the industry might seem like a perfect way to transfer years of hard work into a profitable venture.

If there are enough of you that would think you would benefit from it, I would be happy to do a few live sessions on Periscope or some other webinar type platform and go over the basics of getting started in construction blogging as more than a hobby.

Maybe we can start a new topic thread if you want and use this post as the intro.

Just trying to help.

Cheers,

Jim

Id be interested, and also offer up my day-job expertise if it helps.

(Digital Platform Director at a media company – Quebecor)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Are we not already “blogging” on these forums?

That’s what I thought too.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 129 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.687 seconds