dcsimg

Concrete Pad Assessment

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kurt@welkerhomes.com 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Alwerj
    Pro

Should I have concern over my concrete pad having these crack like shaded colors showing up 2 months after the pour?

Doobie

Should I have concern over my concrete pad having these crack like shaded colors showing up 2 months after the pour?

I’m not a concrete pro, but I’m guessing the mix when poured was too wet. Once the concrete cures as the water dries, cracks are developing? Just a guess. I would imagine spalling would develop over time and whole pad settling cracks also are more likely over time.

Who did this job for you? A concrete pro, or just some guy who does occasional concrete stuff?

What is the pad for?

@alwerj

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

those are shrinkage cracks that form in the surface when concrete is not cured properly. In most cases they are not a great case for concern.

Depending on your climate you may want to apply a good concrete sealer to the surface to keep salt and moisture out of the hairline cracks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.297 seconds