dcsimg

Concrete finishing

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  GTokley 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without loss of enthusiasm.
    ...... Winston Churchill

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Great video.

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Those guys are good! Damn Good!

Kevin.

Support your local VIKING.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I find everything about concrete is hard work. Best to let the pros like these guys handle it.
    Thanks for sharing the video !

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Yeah let the Masons handle it. I large slab once and almost screwed it up with timing, curing, and combing.

Then I saw some young guys take on a store front walk way that totally got away from them. Came out horrible and everybody got to observe it. Ultimately it got jack hammered and redone.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Nice video,, he really builds it up tho. Here are some shots of the slap across the street from my job ..

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

ive only dabbled in concrete finishing. patching in basement slabs and trowling off icf pours.. its definitely grueling work.. hats off to the guys that do it every day

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Concrete pros always make it look easy, I haven’t yet attained that status! I’ve helped with some pours, but it’s always been HARD WORK!

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I actually just watched it a second time and bookmarked it I was so impressed. I’m gonna refer back to it for inspiration and encouragememt when I need to lay a couple of small jobs likely next year. One for my pool mechanicals at the side of my house along with a space for a NG generator, the other for a lean-to shed for my snow blower and lawn mower. I really like concrete work, but I’m getting old for that kind of work, but it is likely I’m gonna have to do this all myself with the help of my young teenage son. He seemed to really like concrete work when I poured a couple of piers last year in which he helped me out gladly once we got going versus looking to running away to get back to his computer.

Wish I coulda found a crew like this a few years ago when I was planning my 10×20 shed and a sauna building pad, but crews for any concrete work are hard to engage for small jobs that I had to go and get piers done instead for those two small accesory structures I wanted to build as the five or so places I tried calling for slab work in my area none ever even returned my calls. The Toronto area is so construction booming for so many years now that nobody in concrete worth a dime wants to touch what they consider small jobs.

Kevin.

Support your local VIKING.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Excellent video. Thank you for posting. Nice concrete can really make a job stand out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That is a great video. I enjoyed it.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.603 seconds