dcsimg

Compressors

This topic contains 76 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author

I didnt realize oyu had a california air model @robertcdf. Glad to hear you like it – I was really close to getting one of their models instead of the Rolair JC10. Lots of good options to pick from then it seems.

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

If you want quiet, don’t get a Campbell Housfeld. I have one and it is loud, wish I would have went in a different direction, but until it dies, I’m stuck with it.

Not to go OT, but have you ever put oil in it ? Remove the air intake filter and put 3-4 drops of air tool oil in it. It may or may not help some.

Great tip,,I need to do that too.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I didnt realize oyu had a california air model @robertcdf. Glad to hear you like it – I was really close to getting one of their models instead of the Rolair JC10. Lots of good options to pick from then it seems.

So you did pick up the Rolair JC10. That thing should really blast some air.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Go look at the “California air tools” compressors. The one I have us a dual tank aluminum tank, runs at <65 db (you can have a conversation next to it while it’s running), and it only pulls 7.6 amps so you’re not blowing breakers.

Thank you for the recommendation. They look like some nice compressors. I like quiet too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

If you want quiet, don’t get a Campbell Housfeld. I have one and it is loud, wish I would have went in a different direction, but until it dies, I’m stuck with it.

Not to go OT, but have you ever put oil in it ? Remove the air intake filter and put 3-4 drops of air tool oil in it. It may or may not help some.

Never thought about it, it’s oil less. I’ll have to look into it and see.

Anonymous

Never thought about it, it’s oil less. I’ll have to look into it and see.

My little pancake lost some compression and will only get up to about 80lbs now, I had to quit using it as it doesn’t make the running pressure so it runs constantly trying. Shootin some oil in the top end would be a good test to see if it’s the rings, I guess it would suck oil past the reed valves but still not hurt my test

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

After looking at the prices on amazon for the ones from California Air Tools, the prices are only about $50-$75 more than the less expensive ones. That get you lighter weight, and quieter. The 1 HP one has a noise level of 56db and only weighs 31 pounds.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

And now you guys know to ask me first before buying anything.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Just ordered the california 4610a. Should be here in a couple days!

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Well the compressor finally came in. Just unboxed it ran it, man it’s unbelievable how quite it is, especially compared to the old pancake.

Well the compressor finally came in. Just unboxed it ran it, man it’s unbelievable how quite it is, especially compared to the old pancake.

Glad to hear you like it, you’ll start trying to get everyone around you to buy one too. My stucco guy still has a pancake that drives me nuts when he uses it.

www.mysteeldeck.com

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

These are great looking units. If i was looking for another portable this would be the way to go. I am seeking a larger vertical unit for the shop. How are husky compressors? They have a 33gallon at only 76db

redwood
    Pro

well you guys should know that RobertCDF doesn’t even use wood. I’m surprised he even has a compressor. Maybe to blow off the dust. JK

Here is a real compressor. By Emglo.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have a old Emglo from right after DeWalt bought them out.

Attachments:

Dirty

redwood
    Pro

I have a old Emglo from right after DeWalt bought them out.

I have the one in my picture, except mine, like yours, says Emglo

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

well you guys should know that RobertCDF doesn’t even use wood. I’m surprised he even has a compressor. Maybe to blow off the dust. JK

Hey, I gotta inflate tires on the kids bikes somehow.

www.mysteeldeck.com

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I had dewalt similar to marks, for about 7 years, sold it on CL for 150 bucks. So it cost me 150 to use for 7 years. It’s was very loud though.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I was looking at those. They look a bit too bulky for me.

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

Got a ring in for one I wiped a while back.
    Now that the weather is nice and feel like replacing it, I can’t find it.
    Still using the pancake.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I keep meaning to get the jc10 for the kitchens and baths I do. Plus the whole home trimming. Then just use the pancake outside for decks and if I need light framing inside. Anything small inside I tend to use my paslode framing nailer so I don’t have to set up the compressor and hear it run.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Compressors’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 0.498 seconds