dcsimg

Compressors

This topic contains 76 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 9 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Author

kzcarp
    Pro

i wouldnt waste the time or money fixing the porter cable. the pc is a throw away compressor

That is the downside of the PC being so cheap. WHen they work they work ok, when they don’t you toss it and get another one. I’ve had both of my emglo’s 20 years.

kevin

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I have the Rolair vt20tb is a great compressor, and it has wheels. I don’t think you can go wrong with anything Rolair.

That vt20b looks pretty sweet, and heavy.

How are things over there in the basement? 😀

I’ve got the JC10. It is AWESOME. Super quiet, plenty of power for my nailers and am going to make a booth to do some light finish staining with it.

Go look at the “California air tools” compressors. The one I have us a dual tank aluminum tank, runs at <65 db (you can have a conversation next to it while it’s running), and it only pulls 7.6 amps so you’re not blowing breakers.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Go look at the “California air tools” compressors. The one I have us a dual tank aluminum tank, runs at <65 db (you can have a conversation next to it while it’s running), and it only pulls 7.6 amps so you’re not blowing breakers.

That sounds pretty sweet. They’ve shown up on my google searches, but I had never heard of them before. I kind of thought they might have been a harbor freight brand from the name.

Never heard of those before @robertcdf. They have some nice specs and a couple of youtube videos showing how quiet they are. Thanks!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Here is another Makita and no cart to make and 20 dollars more

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-MAC5200-Big-Bore-Compressor/dp/B0001Q2VPU/ref=pd_cp_hi_1

If you do decide in the larger MAC5200, know that it is substantially louder than the MAC2400. 90db vs 79db

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Robert that has an aluminum tank? What’s the weight of it? I’m very interested. As a matter of fact the older I get the more interested in lighter tools I get. Oh don’t worry you will get there. Lol

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

That sounds pretty sweet. They’ve shown up on my google searches, but I had never heard of them before. I kind of thought they might have been a harbor freight brand from the name.

Hey Aaron, how’s it going? Good to see you here. Something about this forum that brings out the gentlemen in me. Not so much over there. Lol

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Nice to see you swing by for some CD.
    I’ve seen that “California air tools” run at the local WoodCraft store and it is a nice quite air pump. It looks good to me.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I’ve always wondered why all compressors aren’t aluminum

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Expense. Aluminum is more expensive so the price goes up by a third to a half.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Hey Aaron, how’s it going? Good to see you here. Something about this forum that brings out the gentlemen in me. Not so much over there. Lol

Funny how that works, huh?

Robert that has an aluminum tank? What’s the weight of it? I’m very interested. As a matter of fact the older I get the more interested in lighter tools I get. Oh don’t worry you will get there. Lol

It weighs 44 lbs. I have the 4610A 4.6 gallon, 1hp.

I had ordered mine on home depots website. It’s $259.

They have a 2hp model that’s 299 but it’s louder (70db) heavier (64lbs) and pulls 14 amps.

www.mysteeldeck.com

I would guess cost. Steel is cheaper. I like the idea of the aluminum tank. No rusting with moisture and lighter for sure. Pricing is right on for a quality compressor.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

If you want quiet, don’t get a Campbell Housfeld. I have one and it is loud, wish I would have went in a different direction, but until it dies, I’m stuck with it.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I just checked out California Air Tools website and on Amazon. They are nice looking compressors and they have some pretty good reviews on Amazon. I was planning on getting a JC10 this summer, I may try one of these instead. They are even Prime eligible.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Housewright Construction

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

@robertcdf that 4610a looks pretty sweet. I think that might be the one for me. Thanks for the tip!

You won’t be disappointed. I’ll probably be getting another one to keep at my house at some point. I might get a larger one for the house since it won’t move often, I like the aluminum tank so it doesn’t rust, but I’ll probably cheap out and get a steel tank model for the house.

www.mysteeldeck.com

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

If you want quiet, don’t get a Campbell Housfeld. I have one and it is loud, wish I would have went in a different direction, but until it dies, I’m stuck with it.

Not to go OT, but have you ever put oil in it ? Remove the air intake filter and put 3-4 drops of air tool oil in it. It may or may not help some.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Compressors’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 1.212 seconds