dcsimg

Compressor resturation

This topic contains 30 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Rovik 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Rovik
    Pro

Here is my compressor i restored a few days ago.

I bought an used compressor on an auction a few months ago. The compressor is from 2007 and manufactured in Italy. Many other pro compressors brands in Europe use their own brand on this compressor.

The compressor had a few scratches and rust, and the plastic were grey ish instead of black. I decided to take it apart and make it shine again.

Compressor tanks with cage was first sandblasted before painting. First i sprayed it with primer, then paint i with green original spray paint, i also use clear coat spray paint at the end.

All black plastic was polished with meguiars black plastic restorer, to get the original colour back.

I also put on new wheels, a longer power cord, new air regulator, drain valves and fittings.

The compressor is a oil less, low noise 2,5 HP and starts at 8.5 Bar (123 PSI) and stops at 10.5 Bar (152 PSI). No problem to use two big nailers at the same time.

Essve company in Sweden is going to send me orginal stickers for my build.

Here are some after and before pics.

Norway

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Nice job! Looks like a new one !
    Should do a nice job for you.
    You won’t want that one banging around in the truck.

Rovik
    Pro

Nice job! Looks like a new one !
    Should do a nice job for you.
    You won’t want that one banging around in the truck.

Thanks.
    I’m only going to use this at my home 🙂

Norway

monman1
    Pro

Nice work, looks brand new!

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

That cleaned up well. How much rust was in the tanks and how did you handle that?

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Nice job! That looks like a pretty serious compressor, what is the cfm on it?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Rovik
    Pro

That cleaned up well. How much rust was in the tanks and how did you handle that?

It was hardly any rust inside the tanks. I think the previous owner drain the tanks regularly. Just in case i filled a bit rust remover innside, and next day i use a long wire brusch with my drill, like the picture.

Attachments:

Norway

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Nice work, Ivan, looks like new. The higher cut in and cut out pressures will give you a lot better control of your tools and much higher air delivery at 90 – 100 psi.

Rovik
    Pro

Nice job! That looks like a pretty serious compressor, what is the cfm on it?

Not shure about the cfm, but it delivers 240 L per min with 6 bar.

I can try to follow the steps in my link below to find out the cfm.

How to find out how many CFM your compressor delivers

Norway

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man you did a beautiful job of cleaning that one up. Talk to the manufacture about what needs to be done to make it run like new. On mine I just take the head off and clean the carbon off the reed valves.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Nice job on the resto Rovik. Looks better than new

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Nice job. The compressor really looks good.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Wow, great work.

Doobie

Thanks for sharing? Nice that you’re getting some new badges for it. They should send you a T-shirt too imo.

I would be nervous doing that not knowing whether it is rusting thru from the inside, but it sounds like you were pretty comfortable with what seemed to be non-neglectful usage. Never thought of this before, but I imagine one of those snake cameras might be good for something like that to look inside the tanks.

Mind sharing what you have into it? I hope you don’t think it’s rude asking. I only ask as most people share that on rebuilds/restores. Or maybe you were just not trying to make into a gloat in omitting that although it may just be because nobody here would know what it would translate from Norwegian Krones into North American currency. What do they go for new?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

looks great, you did a good job. However isn’t there a certain lifespan that goes with compressors and how long you should keep them just in case of rust or anything else that may go wrong with pressurized air.

Doobie

However isn’t there a certain lifespan that goes with compressors and how long you should keep them just in case of rust or anything else that may go wrong with pressurized air.

They’re all different depinding on quite a few factors and variables. Some pooch in a few years, others last decades.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Here is my compressor i restored a few days ago.

I bought an used compressor on an auction a few months ago. The compressor is from 2007 and manufactured in Italy. Many other pro compressors brands in Europe use their own brand on this compressor.

The compressor had a few scratches and rust, and the plastic were grey ish instead of black. I decided to take it apart and make it shine again.

Compressor tanks with cage was first sandblasted before painting. First i sprayed it with primer, then paint i with green original spray paint, i also use clear coat spray paint at the end.

@rovik,
    That turned out nice.

It was hardly any rust inside the tanks. I think the previous owner drain the tanks regularly. Just in case i filled a bit rust remover innside, and next day i use a long wire brusch with my drill, like the picture.

Great that you took some precautions just in case there was some interior rust.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Rovik
    Pro

Man you did a beautiful job of cleaning that one up. Talk to the manufacture about what needs to be done to make it run like new. On mine I just take the head off and clean the carbon off the reed valves.

I will look into that, thanks.

Thanks for sharing? Nice that you’re getting some new badges for it. They should send you a T-shirt too imo.

I would be nervous doing that not knowing whether it is rusting thru from the inside, but it sounds like you were pretty comfortable with what seemed to be non-neglectful usage. Never thought of this before, but I imagine one of those snake cameras might be good for something like that to look inside the tanks.

Mind sharing what you have into it? I hope you don’t think it’s rude asking. I only ask as most people share that on rebuilds/restores. Or maybe you were just not trying to make into a gloat in omitting that although it may just be because nobody here would know what it would translate from Norwegian Krones into North American currency. What do they go for new?

New model of this cost 12.000,- to 13.000,- new include tax. ( 1346 to 1458 USD)

Norway

Doobie

New model of this cost 12.000,- to 13.000,- new include tax. ( 1346 to 1458 USD)

Then it sounds like it was worth it.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Then it sounds like it was worth it.

wow it was definitely worth it, i’ve never heard of these compressors before.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.460 seconds