dcsimg

Comparitive delta head sander to the RO90?

• This topic has 44 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Doobie.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I have a brochure/catalog called Festool finish line geared for painters. Dont know where I got it but its the whole sander line up and vacuum. In the back they have “trade packages” like windows & doors, decks, ect…drywall was another and they suggest using the DTS along with the planex. Thats why I asked.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

It’s because of the sealed design. I don’t think that it’s a downside for regular sanding.

I’ve been watching some of festools videos on these two sanders. They’re both pretty nice by the looks of it.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Doobie

OLD THREAD WARNING

I just saw that Mirka is finally introducing a Delta sander. I’ve been wanting a Delta sander for a long time, and never went with the Festool delta sanders DTS 400 or the hybrid RO 90 that offers a delta pad configuration.

https://www.mirka.com/en-CA/DEOS-663XCV-4x6x6-1Pkg-MID6630201US/

The only thing I’m not sure about is unlike the Festool DTS 400, Mirka did not include any accessory side bumpers. Not sure if that will really bug me or not.

I’m already used to a paddle switch with my Mirka Deros which is by far my favorite sander in the shop, well above any of my Festool sanders.

I’m a big fan of any sander I can go with an Abranet type pad and although Festool now offers their pads for the DTS400 in Abranet now, I’m just a bigger fan of Mirka when it comes to sanders and their Abranet.

I’m awaiting to hear back from Atlas Machinery when they will get some of them and what pricing might be.

Doobie

Follow-up…

I’m awaiting to hear back from Atlas Machinery when they will get some of them and what pricing might be.

Seems that they do in fact carry it and it is on special promo right now with a bunch of free Abranet for it also, so I ordered one.

https://www.atlas-machinery.com/mirka/abrasives/mir-mca-deltanet/

This kind of delta sander has been on my ‘want’ list for a very long time. At least 10 years now. The only thing I’m not crazy about is it doesn’t come with a systainer and insert for it. Gonna have to make my own Sys storage for it I suppose.

Doobie

Follow-up…

Seems that they do in fact carry it and it is on special promo right now with a bunch of free Abranet for it also, so I ordered one.

https://www.atlas-machinery.com/mirka/abrasives/mir-mca-deltanet/

This kind of delta sander has been on my ‘want’ list for a very long time. At least 10 years now. The only thing I’m not crazy about is it doesn’t come with a systainer and insert for it. Gonna have to make my own Sys storage for it I suppose.

So the Mirka Deos Delta sander arrived today. I was surprised the four bonus Abranet packs in different grits were 50 sheets each. Thought they were likely gonna be either 10 or 25 packs. That’s gotta be worth 100 to 150 bucks.

Unit comes with a platten for the unit to sit on. Will make setting it all up in a L-Boxx or Systainer that much easier.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.301 seconds