dcsimg

Commercial High Rise Restoration 2016 Toronto

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Continuing on my tradition from last year, I’ll be posting all my high rise masonry, sealants, rigging, beautiful views etc here.

A Working Pro since 2004

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

This building in downtown Toronto is having sealant repair done. Some glazing, precast (concrete to concrete) caulking and around the windows. Sealant repair is becoming a top job in Toronto and only is going to become more in demand as the newer glass/metal buildings need repair.

In the pics you will see the crane used to setup the hoarding and protection for us to land the suspended access on. The glass prevented us from. Being able to board the stage from the ground. Plus a few others of the work and views.

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks an interesting job with a nice view.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

A few more taken with the tablet.

A Working Pro since 2004

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

When I was I Toro to a few weeks ago I was looking up at all the swing stages thinking how neat it would be to dangle around up there. Little higher then I’m used to haha

Keep the pics coming!

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

When I was I Toro to a few weeks ago I was looking up at all the swing stages thinking how neat it would be to dangle around up there. Little higher then I’m used to haha

Keep the pics coming!

Thanks! It’s still exciting to ride tall buildings even though I have been doing it for many years. I’ll keep the pics coming 😎

A Working Pro since 2004

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Thanks! It’s still exciting to ride tall buildings even though I have been doing it for many years. I’ll keep the pics coming

@utopia78
    Hey Chris,
    Good to see that your back at your tricks, up there on the swing stage. Always look forward to your pictures and trying to figure out what building your hanging off of. 😉

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

wow you are taking your tablet up there, i hope you have a griffen case or something solid like that. i’d be afraid of having it fall on me. However i love seeing your high rise shots, always a beauty.

Your back home in your element man . Looking forward too your posted pictures on this commercial project .

Always willing to learn .

Hahaha wow. Is it wrong I’m feeling dizzy right now? Can’t wait to see more pictures sir!

Doobie

Cool pics Chris, keep em coming anytime! 👍

Chris, I have to be honest and say the heights scare me, at the same time they intriege (sp) me beyond belief. thanks for the pictures you post

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

don’t forget to work up there chris – the view can distract you 😛
    looking forward for more pics

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It’s great to see you back at it and hope you enjoyed your time off. To me it’s the pics that the tradesmen post that really make this site so good. How many guys are on the crew you are on to do that building??

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

what would be interesting is if you can get two shots at once and create a 3d photo.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Too high for me, but I will be looking forward to more photos.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Great to see you back to doing this work Chris. And I do like to see the pics. Cause there is no way I’m going out there taking anything close to them. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Awesome stuff Chris! I missed your work pics. It is very challenging work that few can do.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Thank you very much everyone for the warm welcome to my second high rise thread. Without you guys, learning and taking shots would never be so fun. I don’t say it much anymore and nothin has changed, the dynamics here drive me to be better at what I do every day.

On another note, most of you know I’ve mainly worked non-union high rise restoration. Most of big non-union players offer what you know as banked hours for anything over 44. This is highly illegal and common culture. I finally have a company that recognises overtime and the health of its employees. Government stipulates overtime on the fact they know these long hours can have health consequences and therefore set the premium wage.

@bethepro
    Is there anything we can do or am I Sol? I’ve tried posting group photos that each are under 2.5 megabytes and tried a singular photo of the same size. It says the restriction is 4 megabytes per photo but all are getting errors. Do I have to go the route of resizing everything on my tablet again? Thanks

A Working Pro since 2004

wow you are taking your tablet up there, i hope you have a griffen case or something solid like that. i’d be afraid of having it fall on me. However i love seeing your high rise shots, always a beauty.

Lol he better have a lanyard attached to his tablet 🙂

Great pictures as usual Chris, glad to see you back at the high rise work,

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.586 seconds