dcsimg

Collins tools

This topic contains 110 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 111 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

This company known for their miter clamps has a newer tool out that looks like a must for stain grade trim. For those pros that do stain grade am I nuttz for thinking I need this??
    http://www.collinstool.com/base.php?page=tools.htm

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie
    Pro

I’d never heard of them til @r-ice bought something a week or so ago at Atlas in Toronto and announced such here on the forum. Interesting little manufacturer of unique tools. Do you have much of their stuff Dirty? Anything you endorse?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’d never heard of them til @r-ice bought something a week or so ago at Atlas in Toronto and announced such here on the forum. Interesting little manufacturer of unique tools. Do you have much of their stuff Dirty? Anything you endorse?

No I don’t have anything but need some of the miter clamps. I have looked before but they have never been a Hawaii friendly shipper. I checked tonight and see they have learned how it’s done and will get a set of miter clamps and the plier to go with them and the collins foot.

Dirty

Doobie
    Pro

No I don’t have anything but need some of the miter clamps. I have looked before but they have never been a Hawaii friendly shipper. I checked tonight and see they have learned how it’s done and will get a set of miter clamps and the plier to go with them and the collins foot.

Good. Sounds like you’d be able to use them. Let us know what you think Dirty if you get them. I am interested for myself as well. I have to do a bunch of miters at some point and I can see how they could be handy for connecting miters nice and flush/straight.

woodman_412

That’s a really cool looking system. Looks like it makes some super tight joints that will last. If you get one Dirty let us know how it works for you. I have the Collins coping foot for my jigsaw but that’s the only thing of theirs I have.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like a nice system Dirty. Will make some really nice and tight corners on your projects.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

It does look like a great system Dirty. Really tight joints.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i really like their mitre clamps and they work well, i believe in the system so i bought it. I first saw them on instagram and someone else was using them, i was impressed. I am debating on the collins foot right now for the coping to see if it will work in my set up.

woodman_412

i really like their mitre clamps and they work well, i believe in the system so i bought it. I first saw them on instagram and someone else was using them, i was impressed. I am debating on the collins foot right now for the coping to see if it will work in my set up.

Do you have any pics of the miter clamps in action? I’ve wondered how well those work. Which jigsaw do you have? I love the coping foot that I have.

Dan

danpattison.com

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Looks like a really cool system. I like the chop saw fence that’s micro-adjustable.

woodman_412

Looks like a really cool system. I like the chop saw fence that’s micro-adjustable.

I suppose it wouldn’t be too hard to make a micro adjustable fence for a miter saw either. A couple set screws and you could probably accomplish the same thing. That is a cool setup though.

Dan

danpattison.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Are you nuts Dirty? Heck No. I think a jig like that will give you top quality results and help prevent any seasonal movement and keep your miter joints tight.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

They make good tools I have their tread template that works great. I will however stick with the clamp nails that I use. I bet you they are a stronger and better joint.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Are you nuts Dirty? Heck No. I think a jig like that will give you top quality results and help prevent any seasonal movement and keep your miter joints tight.

You may can see on their site that the mitertite has been replaced by the Edge-Pocket
    http://www.collinstool.com/base.php?page=edge_pocket.htm

Dirty

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

thats a interesting system. i think ns builers uses them.. ive seen him using something like that on his instagram and snap chat

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Doobie
    Pro

My Domino does nice miter connections. FWIW. Easy peazy too!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

thats a interesting system. i think ns builers uses them.. ive seen him using something like that on his instagram and snap chat

I know you and I don’t do much stain grade but it looks like it would be great to have if it comes up.

Dirty

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I was looking at the Edge Pocket the other day on Collins’ website. It looks like a slick system.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

woodman_412

I know you and I don’t do much stain grade but it looks like it would be great to have if it comes up.

It’s been years since I’ve had call to do stain grade trim work. Pretty much everything I get a call for now is MDF which must be the same for you guys. If I had a big stain grade job I think I would definitely consider this system though.

Dan

danpattison.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It would be perfect for stain grade. Sure could of used it a lot in the past.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.444 seconds