dcsimg

Collins coping foot

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Skillman 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I recently ordered a Collins coping foot, and installed it on my Bosch 1590 jigsaw. It doesn’t seem to fit the best, and then I read in the instructions that it isn’t compatible with the 1590.
    Anyone on here have experience with this coping foot? I do have a Festool Trion 300 that I’ve thought about putting the foot on.
    Just looking for some feedback from experienced users, tips, etc….

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

dan has one and loves it.. i will be getting one in the near future im just debating if i want to get a second jigsaw so the coping foot will be a permanent attachment to one of them

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I think if you use it much at all it would be worth having a dedicated jigsaw.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I think if you use it much at all it would be worth having a dedicated jigsaw.

I think @overanalyze has one, if I remember he put it on the 12 volt jiggy?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have never tried the coping foot, we rarely get into material we need it for. in some cases where we have a more detailed Base to cope, we have used a scroll saw with the table beveled. it works fast and easy on shorter pieces, but is a little cumbersome on long stuff.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I heave one on a 1590 I’m pretty sure.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I have one but also rarely fine use for it. I find it awkward and since I use mostly pine free hand is easy.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I have one that I use on my 12v jigsaw. I have to say that it makes coping easier and faster than any of the many other methods I’ve tried.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I put it on mine, and used it. One problem I had was the blade isn’t long enough, but I know I don’t have the recommended blade.

I put it on mine, and used it. One problem I had was the blade isn’t long enough, but I know I don’t have the recommended blade.

What’s the maximum blade length that is required .

Always willing to learn .

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

The recommended is a 4inch blade I believe.The problem I had was when the blade was at the bottom of its stroke, the tip dropped below the surface of the trim.

I have one that I use on my 12v jigsaw. I have to say that it makes coping easier and faster than any of the many other methods I’ve tried.

Yep! I have had one one my 12v jiggy for a couple years now! Love it regardless of how detailed the profile is.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Yep! I have had one one my 12v jiggy for a couple years now! Love it regardless of how detailed the profile is.

And my old coping saw has been collecting dust for that very reason!

As for blade length, you just can’t use the “short” blades. The mid length ones (4ish inches) or longer work just fine.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

The recommended is a 4inch blade I believe.The problem I had was when the blade was at the bottom of its stroke, the tip dropped below the surface of the trim.

Thanks for answering my question . Do you find a certain width blade helps with the coping foot .

Always willing to learn .

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.374 seconds