dcsimg

Code books

This topic contains 22 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  kurt@welkerhomes.com 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I did work in the State of Wisconsin and ordered the code book from them. Along with a subscription fee you get all updates as they come out. It was a good reference to have on hand and local codes while they do vary some, in most cases are the same. So if your greater area of work has a general guiding office as to codes maybe they have something similar. For the DIY guy I would suggest a trip to the local permit office for any larger projects that might get you in trouble, otherwise, the loal building supply out fit usually has someone who can get you headed in the right direction.

Anonymous

I googled around and was able to find all the published codes on my townships sites for each type of permit. That is probably not that case in 98% of townships. Now that I’ve moved I can’t find squat from squat.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Minnesota is supposed to be putting their codes on line. It is some sort of agreement with the International Code Council (ICC). I understand that you will be only able to print two or three pages at a time so you could not print the whole book, or if you did it would take a long time.

The ICC will not allow their codes on line typically as they want to sell code books. They have fought cities and counties that have put their I-code based codes on line with copyright infringement lawsuits.

Minnesota had to pay them in the tens of thousands to let them allow the code to be published online.

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.475 seconds