dcsimg

clean job site floors

This topic contains 24 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

I don’t worry too much about a spotless clean during the remodel.

I make sure all the HO’s personal stuff is moved out of the construction area, and then I Zipwall or tape off the entrances. I’ll sweep and do a quick vacuum at the end of the day, or as needed in the middle of the day.

I’m a big fan of hiring a cleaning service to come in when I’m done. I’d rather build than play maid. Sub that stuff out.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

@seven-delta-fortyone,You just gave one of the best lines that I have seen here for ages, “I’d rather build than play maid”, Thank You

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m a big fan of hiring a cleaning service to come in when I’m done. I’d rather build than play maid. Sub that stuff out.

Good idea really you just put that cost in the estimate and let the sub do it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

good call amc, im often stuck vaccumming the finished floors off on our really big projects at the end.. the subs dont clean up after themselves and im typically the last guy from the crew on site where i handle 95% of the intereior finish details which arent cabinet or stair relataed

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

An air scrubber like the Buildclean would help a lot with the airborne dust. Something I used to do was include a “free” house cleaning service. A friend of mine had a cleaning service; she gave me a little break in the price because it got her foot in the door with new customers and I would include the cost in my estimate. I keep the site as clean as possible but then she would come in and polish everything up.

Obviously, not every job had the budget to bury an extra $300 to $400 but many did.

When we had our reno business going strong, I had a cleaning lady / person who used to clean my condo, just because I hate doing it, and was never home to do it
    I gave her the extra business just like you mentioned Chad, she appreciated the extra income, and my clients thought that was excellent, it’s amazing what word of mouth can do,
    Clients definitely appreciate the cleaning part
    Great tip, and it’s not going to break the bank either.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.249 seconds