dcsimg

Clamps? What's your favorite?

Tagged: 

• This topic has 220 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by r-ice.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 221 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

@doobie, as a thought – check out the Bandy clamps from Rockler.

http://www.rockler.com/rockler-bandy-clamps

But those don’t really apply any real clamping pressure along the edge. They’re more for just holding thin pieces while you tack up with a nail gun. I’d still be reaching for my bar clamps in most cases using those.

Watch the video on the clamp. Rockler claims the clamp will apply pressure. I thought you might have an interest.

JamieM
    Pro
    Hamilton, ON

If you do a lot of pocket hole joinery, I would recommend these little clamps from Rockler. We have several in the shop and they come in handy in some situations where other clamps don’t seem to work.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

If you do a lot of pocket hole joinery, I would recommend these little clamps from Rockler. We have several in the shop and they come in handy in some situations where other clamps don’t seem to work.

man is that a handy looking little clamp I have never see those here in my Marketplace. I will have to check online and see if I can get those. What exactly do you call those clamps so I can search them online?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Clev08
    Pro

Interesting, do you put the clamp in one hole while you put a screw in the other and them switch or can you drive a screw in the hole that the clamp is in?

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@jamiem that’s a neat clamp have you ever used the Kregjig pocket hole clamps? It looks like they do the same thing, so I’d be interested to know how they compare. This one looks like it’s probably less expensive though. Everything from Kregjig seems a bit pricey.

Charlie

Instagram

JamieM
    Pro
    Hamilton, ON

@DirtyWhiteBoy I believe they are just called pocket hole clamps. I know Rockler sells them, Elite Tools in Canada, and you can find them on Ali Express too.

JamieM
    Pro
    Hamilton, ON

Interesting, do you put the clamp in one hole while you put a screw in the other and them switch or can you drive a screw in the hole that the clamp is in?

@Clev08, You put the clamp in one empty hole and screw using the other holes. You can’t put this clamp into the hole that you want to screw into.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@dirtywhiteboy I believe they are just called pocket hole clamps. I know Rockler sells them, Elite Tools in Canada, and you can find them on Ali Express too.

Ok thanks JM We don’t have any of those stores here so I found them on the big A…For under 20 bucks each I think I will get a set.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

JamieM
    Pro
    Hamilton, ON

@jamiem that’s a neat clamp have you ever used the Kregjig pocket hole clamps? It looks like they do the same thing, so I’d be interested to know how they compare. This one looks like it’s probably less expensive though. Everything from Kregjig seems a bit pricey.

@cmeyer25, I have used the Kreg pocket hole clamps too, but I prefer these as they are easier to handle and clamp with one hand. The Kreg version is helpful when you are clamping a panel in the middle of a long board, where as the Rockler clamp isn’t designed for that.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@jamieM that’s good to know, thanks for the info. I wouldn’t have thought the Kreg clamp would be used that way based on what I’ve seen on IG, so it was good to get some clarification.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Interesting. Never seen those before. Myself, I rarely ever do pocket holes any longer, but I may still get a pair of those.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

If you do a lot of pocket hole joinery, I would recommend these little clamps from Rockler.

Interesting clamps for sure. Very nice how they work. Thank you for sharing.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

i’ve never seen those before, if you are in ontario, where can we pick a set of these up?

Doobie

i’ve never seen those before, if you are in ontario, where can we pick a set of these up?

Elite carries them.

http://www.elitetools.ca/en/product/bench-dog-10-037-pocket-hole-clamp/#

JamieM
    Pro
    Hamilton, ON

@r-ice I purchased ours through Elite tools, they offer free shipping for orders over $99. I’m sure you can find them online, and Ali Express even sells them too, but I’m sure the quality is not quite the same.

Clev08
    Pro

Has anyone had any experience with Yost or Woodtek parallel clamps! they are the cheapest parallel clamps have found and am thinking about giving them a try. If anyone has some helpful insight that would be great, thanks!
    https://woodworker.com/12-parallel-jaw-bar-clamp-mssu-170-147.asp?search=&searchmode=2

Attachments:
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Looks like it’s a knock off the Bessey Revo Jr. Almost the exact same prices I found from my local HD. The clamping force is only 20lbs different (but when they say “max” sometimes it also means a lot less in practical terms) Personally, I’d stick with Bessey.

Charlie

Instagram

Attachments:

I agree with cmeyer25 in preferring Bessey. Here is a new product from Bessey that looks quite interesting. I will be definitely looking at these sometime soon.

https://www.besseytools.com/pdfs/sales_sheets/en/BESSEY_IBeamClamp_Eng.pdf

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@pi_woodworker those iBeam clamps are fantastic – I’ll be writing up a review soon. Bessey sent me a pair to review, and I have to say, they are some seriously built clamps. I love the pipe clamp design without the pipe clamp draw backs. And they have a ridiculous amount of pressure they’re able to put on things.

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 221 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.645 seconds