dcsimg

Clamp, clamps, clamps

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 513 total)
  • Author

Found the title of this project funny: YARC (yet another clamp rack). Check it out! Interesting idea, though I don’t think storing clamps horizontally is much of a space saver…
    http://festoolownersgroup.com/member-projects/yacr-yet-another-clamp-rack/

John S

Attachments:
    thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

He’s not storing them horizontally. FOG just turned the picture.

I do like the fact they are on a hing to move out of the way.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

He’s not storing them horizontally. FOG just turned the picture.

hahaha you are right. I should have noticed that in the other pic. Duh! 🙁

John S

Attachments:
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I think they would have to be on something so that he can use the door behind them.

I have seen these several times at HD and wondered to myself whether they were any decent…
    These are the only two videos on them… not sure how they will last long term, but they look OK.

Nothing revolutionary, but another option on the market. I am happy with my Irwin quick grips

John S

Remember those new Kreg automaxx bench clamps? Now they just came out with BAR clamps. Pretty neat.

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Great find. I’m sure they are going to be a bit more than standard bar clamps. I think that the handles sticking out may also be problematic for some.

Those do look very nice. The 40″ version is long for a bar clamp – very intriguing to me. Their clamp seems a lot easier to use versus the traditional bar clamp with a hand screw to tighten the clamp. I would like to try one out first though before ordering some. I wonder what stores are going to carry them.

So many clamps on the market to pick from . It’s like you pick one system so it works and fits into you shop space .

Always willing to learn .

So many clamps on the market to pick from . It’s like you pick one system so it works and fits into you shop space .

Thats definitely the hard part – that, and finding a system that works well and is affordable…

Sven is right that the way the handles work on these new Kreg clamps may not work well in every clamping situation… but they sure will work fast!

I am thinking this could be a good (but expensive) replacement for my Irwin quick grips… plus, you get the upgrade of more holding strength.

Too bad we have to wait until November 1st :\

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Sven is right

Thank you. Finally someone see’s my true

Sven is right

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

Oh No ‘SUP’ has created a monster.
    Sven has been waiting all his life for someone to say He is right…….

The rest of us are still waiting 😉

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

These are interesting but I don’t think I’m going to bite. I was about to go for a Bessey set, but I picked up a pair of the K-Body JR. clamps and honestly have been disappointed by them, there’s just too much flex and not enough clamping pressure, perhaps it is just an issue with the “Jr” line which I think are a couple bucks cheaper per clamp.

I picked up a pair of the K-Body JR. clamps and honestly have been disappointed by them, there’s just too much flex and not enough clamping pressure, perhaps it is just an issue with the “Jr” line which I think are a couple bucks cheaper per clamp.

Return them and spend the extra money on the real deal… The Jr are not a fair reflection of the quality of the Bessey from everything I have read. I have two pairs of the Revos and am impressed with them so far, and I know lots of other guys here have said the same.

John S

I have two pairs of the Revos and am impressed with them so far, and I know lots of other guys here have said the same.

Yes, I agree – the Jr’s are not the same quality. The Revo’s are nice and solid. The regular Revo’s are not the same kind of application as those Kreg clamps. At least not how I would use each.

hahaha 🙂 That is a long time to wait to be told you are right 🙁 Poor Sven….

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

hahaha :) That is a long time to wait to be told you are right :( Poor Sven….

So now you are saying that I’m old? You sonofa! lol.

Stuart’s new article on this vise (http://toolguyd.com/stanley-quick-vise/ ) reminded me of the Stanley 2×4 clamp they came out with about a year ago (I think?) and I was wondering if anyone here ever tried it out?

http://toolguyd.com/stanley-2×4-clamp/

Seems like an easy way to always have any length pipes on hand, but not sure how well the clamps actually work

John S

I watched a YouTube video yesterday . A guy made his own wooded bar clamps . Seemed crazy in the beginning then as the video went along I dogged it . Not sure what the video was named .

Always willing to learn .

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I am a huge fan of Kreg and how they are always looking to improve on the status quo. I am going to pick up a few of these automax clamps and give them a test run.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 513 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.901 seconds