dcsimg

Circular saw blades

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I guess I shouldn’t say this with out checking it out first. Most times when I see there is free stuff and prizes. It is usually for people living in the USA. Not here Canada. That is a bummer.

That does suck if they give things out for free to US only. I hope you and others are able to get in on this one.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Does anybody know whether the Freud blades are made in Italy like their router bits?

I got the Diablo blade today and the only marking on it that mentions a country is “Freud Italy” on it. I don’t know if that means the country of manufacture or not.

Edit: Took a second look and the safety warning sticker says “Made in Italy”

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Keep an eye on Diablo 2-3 times a year they offer a free framing blade by request. Sign up for their e-mails. They just sent me a survey on blades and if you filled out the survey they will send you a free t-Shirt.

I couldn’t find how to sign up for emails on there website.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Does anybody know whether the Freud blades are made in Italy like their router bits?

I got the Diablo blade today and the only marking on it that mentions a country is “Freud Italy” on it. I don’t know if that means the country of manufacture or not.

That’s good to know. I just saw a two pack of them a couple of days ago at HD for $15. I wonder now if they’re all made in Italy blades though. Is that bout what you paid Jim?

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Couple of years ago I bought a 10 inch Rip saw blade online from HD. I can’t remember what I paid for it. I know it was pretty cheap. So I grabbed it up. I think I have the package it came in the shop. I will look to see where it was made if I still have it.

Greg

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

@JimDaddyO Did you get the blades? Post here your thoughts like pros and cons about it.
    It helps everybody here, by the way…have you tried Bosch blades?
    In my personal experience they are very good and durable, no problems at all.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

That’s good to know. I just saw a two pack of them a couple of days ago at HD for $15. I wonder now if they’re all made in Italy blades though. Is that bout what you paid Jim?

@jimdaddyo Did you get the blades? Post here your thoughts like pros and cons about it.

I paid $16 and change plus tax for the Diablo at Home Hardware. I put it on the saw but have not used it yet. Wood for the deck comes today so I will likely be giving it a go, depending on the delivery time. I will let you know what I think of it.

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

I used Diablo blades as well.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

@jimdaddyo Did you get the blades? Post here your thoughts like pros and cons about it.

I have Diablo blades in my table saw and mitre saw and I have one installed in my cordless circular saw. I have notice a big difference when I changed the blade in my cordless circular saw from the one that came with saw. I also like the ones in my Table & Miter saw too. I haven’t tried any other blades to compare them with. I find that the Freud & Diablo blades are a affordable to buy. For what I do these blades serve the purpose. I may look at getting a Bosch blade to try. I know this was directed at Jim. But I thought I would give my 2 cents.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Keep an eye on Diablo 2-3 times a year they offer a free framing blade by request. Sign up for their e-mails. They just sent me a survey on blades and if you filled out the survey they will send you a free t-Shirt.

they also often have 2 for 1 packs at HD. Never with the other blades, always on a random display somewhere but worth keeping an eye out for.

It’s a long way to the nearest HD for me. So I guess I miss out on those things.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Well, I figured I would be using the Skilsaw a lot building the deck and I haven’t pulled it out once yet. The Glide Mitre has been doing all the work so far so I can’t say what the new blade is like. I am sure I will get to it though.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have been using the Diablo framing blade and it has performed well. I believe it is the new one that just came out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Used the Diablo today to rip a deck board that needed a taper. It did a pretty good job of it.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

I have Diablo blades in my table saw and mitre saw and I have one installed in my cordless circular saw. I have notice a big difference when I changed the blade in my cordless circular saw from the one that came with saw. I also like the ones in my Table & Miter saw too. I haven’t tried any other blades to compare them with. I find that the Freud & Diablo blades are a affordable to buy. For what I do these blades serve the purpose. I may look at getting a Bosch blade to try. I know this was directed at Jim. But I thought I would give my 2 cents.

Tell me more about big difference using in your cordless saw, then we can compare our impressions, they might be the same.
    What kind of cuts and woods?
    Thanks

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Well appreciated, I am a fan of Freud blades and use them in my table saw. I find I get a good cut at a reasonable price.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

Well appreciated, I am a fan of Freud blades and use them in my table saw. I find I get a good cut at a reasonable price.

Yeah Jim, pretty much it. Got a good cut as well and price not too bad.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Tell me more about big difference using in your cordless saw, then we can compare our impressions, they might be the same.
    What kind of cuts and woods?
    Thanks

The big difference in using my cordless circular saw with a freud blade has nice clean cut with less binding. It also cuts much quicker. I am assuming my saw isn’t as good as a Bosch one.
    I use it for cutting construction grade woods and pine and hardwoods like Hard maple, cherry, ash elm.
    I still use my cord saw when my batteries are dead. But I need to put my new freud blade in it to try it out.

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

For you Canadians who are needing a new blade; Busy Bee has Freud 10″ industrial 60T all purpose for $55 right now. (LU82M010)

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

I received from Diablo to try out there framing / Demo blade . She cuts nice it’s like no other 7 1/4 circular saw blade I’ve tried before . It cuts throw 2x material and OSB with no sticking or binding of blade itself . I would highly recommend this blades .

Always willing to learn .

Attachments:
    hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I received from Diablo to try out there framing / Demo blade . She cuts nice it’s like no other 7 1/4 circular saw blade I’ve tried before . It cuts throw 2x material and OSB with no sticking or binding of blade itself . I would highly recommend this blades .

That’s cool you get to try out their demo blade. How did you manage that?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.361 seconds