dcsimg

Circular saw blades

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Keep an eye on Diablo 2-3 times a year they offer a free framing blade by request. Sign up for their e-mails. They just sent me a survey on blades and if you filled out the survey they will send you a free t-Shirt.

That’s cool. I like free t-shirts.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

I just bought a Freud Fusion 60T for my glide that was a great improvement over the stock one that came with it. Nothing new there as with the exception of Festool, just about all stock blades are crap.

For my Unisaw I have a Forrest WWII, which has been on it for a good ten years almost and has never needed sharpening, and I have a Ridge Carbide which is another high quality blade like the Forrest but has yet to be needed which I bought on the recommendation of a friend who had the same experiences with such as my Forrest. It was on sale and our dollar was on par with the Greenback at the time so importing from the US at the time was a good deal and it’s nice having a back up blade just in case.

For my Festool TS 75 track saw, I still have its great stock blade in use from almost 10 years ago which also has never been sharpened after miles of cuts, just needed some de-pitching baths/scrubs on occasion, and I also bought a host of other Festool speciality blades for it again when they had a Festool promo discount some years ago when our dollar was near par. Think I bought five or so speciality blades for it including a second stock/general use blade as a back up.

Their aluminum/laminate blade is awesome and I’ve used it lots recently to cut soffits and gutter drain stuff on my MFT. Nice clean cuts with no burrs. I also have a CMT fiber cement blade for it which I’m days away from using it for the first time.

One brand I’ve only ever heard great things about but have yet to buy any of their blades is FS Tools. Nothing but praise from their users and they stack up against the brands like Forrest and RC.

For small circ saws, I just buy the non-too-cheapy ones at the BB stores. Typically Freuds. This is where I wonder if I should up my game, but with what else and where, I don’t know.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I also use Freud’s blades whenever I can, although I have used Bosch’s Daredevil and DeWalt blades too and like them. I don’t use any of them hard enough to feel how quickly they wear out, but everyone I talk to loves Diablo. And they’re owned by Bosch too.

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have a Diablo 7-1/4-Inch 24 Tooth ATB Framing Saw Blade and I bought one for my cordless circular saw on Amazon. I have yet replace the one on my corded saw. As I bought a twin pack at TSC many years. Still using them.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

So I ordered one of these today

The local hardware store does not keep them in stock, but they usually have deliveries every friday, so I will likely get it saturday.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

I was specifically looking at 7 1/4″ blades. Seems there are a small number of brands that are preferred around here. Thanks for all the input guys, it is a real eye opener and great information to have.

Go Diablo 7 1/4 with no fear.
    Have you tried another one already?

I agree here with Bill

Keep an eye on Diablo 2-3 times a year they offer a free framing blade by request. Sign up for their e-mails. They just sent me a survey on blades and if you filled out the survey they will send you a free t-Shirt.

Doobie

Sure you’ll be happy. I can’t recall being disappointed with any Freud blade or their router bits.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

The local hardware store does not keep them in stock, but they usually have deliveries every friday, so I will likely get it saturday.

That blade should do you a good job Jim. Freud is the only blade I use now. I am happy with them.

Greg

Congratulations Jim, after hearing about those for the 6 1/2 inch cordless circular saw from some members here, I will definitely pick up one or two.
    Let us know what you think about it.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

That’s the one I have on my 8 1/4 Skilsaw. Definitely the right choice.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

About twice a year, I get the Diablo two for one deal at HD. Usually runs about 10 or 12 bucks. We also use a lot of the Dewalt blades, which last just as long, but generally will not cut quite as nice. We go through a lot of blades with framing/demo, so I stick with blades under 10 bucks.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I am finally at the point where I can start thinking about building the deck. You would probably call it more of a landing as it is only going to be 8 x 8. I have to start thinking of how to frame it to get the size I need, so some night I will have to sit down with a pencil and paper and figure it out. I also have to go in to order the wood yet, I have the quote to go over and I have all ready found a few things I can cut out of it to reduce costs without affecting anything, and a couple of things I have on hand that I don’t need.

So I figured a new blade would be a good place to start, to make a short story long.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I am happy with Bosch blades all around I am only running Bosch blades and they last a long time.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Doobie

Does anybody know whether the Freud blades are made in Italy like their router bits?

KeeganC
    Pro
    Bloomington, IN

Does anybody know whether the Freud blades are made in Italy like their router bits?

I think that’s only freud’s industrial line of blades that is made in Italy. I’m pretty sure the Diablo line is made in china. They may even be separate companies at this point with diablo licensing the Freud name.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Thanks for the info. I will sign up for there email. Is the website diabloblades.com? I got a blade , but haven’t used it. I will in a few weeks when I have to cu down a door since it’s a few inches to long.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Thanks for the info. I will sign up for there email. Is the website diabloblades.com? I got a blade , but haven’t used it. I will in a few weeks when I have to cu down a door since it’s a few inches to long.

We probably would get this here in Canada.

Greg

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

That’s a bummer @gtokley. Why would you say that?

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I guess I shouldn’t say this with out checking it out first. Most times when I see there is free stuff and prizes. It is usually for people living in the USA. Not here Canada. That is a bummer.

Greg

Doobie

I think that’s only freud’s industrial line of blades that is made in Italy. I’m pretty sure the Diablo line is made in china. They may even be separate companies at this point with diablo licensing the Freud name.

Thanks Keegan. You’re probably right. For that kind of item, they probably don’t look to compete on a super high quality level for the ones available in BB stores and farm it out to Asia.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.365 seconds