dcsimg

Circular saw blades

This topic contains 63 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Skillman 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)
  • Author

Going to try this in another section and not put in a link to see if the thread posts this time.

Wondering what folks are using for circular saw blades, I need a new one.

The one that came with the Skilsaw was OK but worn out now. What I want is an inexpensive blade that will handle framing yet give me a decent cut on plywood with my track. I looked at a Freud 24 tooth framing blade but the body seemed really thin. It was $18 CDN. What are you using that you like?

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Wow, it worked this time. So here is the one I was looking at.

https://www.rona.ca/en/saw-blade-0696099–1

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Going to try this in another section and not put in a link to see if the thread posts this time.

Wondering what folks are using for circular saw blades, I need a new one.

The one that came with the Skilsaw was OK but worn out now. What I want is an inexpensive blade that will handle framing yet give me a decent cut on plywood with my track. I looked at a Freud 24 tooth framing blade but the body seemed really thin. It was $18 CDN. What are you using that you like?

Seems to me that the current trend is toward thin blades for circular saws. Use em and toss em. The 24T should give you decent crosscuts and work well with the track IMO. Last one I bought was for my 8 1/4 Skillsaw. 24T Freud IIRC and so thin it seems fragile but it cuts well.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. -- Red Green

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I pretty much exclusively buy Frued Diablo 24 tooth blades. For framing they hold up better then most I find. Also when they are new the cut is flawless for almost anything.

KeeganC
    Pro
    Bloomington, IN

I agree that 7 1/4″ blades seem to have gotten so thin they seem fragile, totally disposable at this point. They all seem to cut clean when new. I stay away from Irwin and hitachi blades myself, don’t care for them.
    I never use my corded circ saw anymore since getting a cordless, but I had to cut some butcher block counter top a while back and went searching for a full kerf blade to minimize deflection, couldn’t find one, I think I ended up using a 40 tooth…. I’d say get one for framing and one you keep nice for important cuts if you can.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Easton, Pa

JDO, have you looked for a twin pack ? Sometimes you can find them with a 18/24 tooth and a 40 tooth for not much more than a single blade

I was looking at this one.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

We use whatever is reasonable, lately one of the big boxes has had the Bosch 24 tooth blades at a decent price. we go through a lot so if I find a deal, I buy several.

For a framing blade we usually go with the 18 tooth as the cross cuts are fine and it works a lot better to rip with and we are typically doing both.

Hangman
    Pro

Very fond of the Diablo blades! First thing I did when I bought my 12IN Glide was furnish it with a finer blade. The cuts are so smooth I find relatively no need for sanding. My Skil Worm Drive Table Saw came with a Diablo blade…that was a super bonus!

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I also bought a diablo blade. I heard good things about them but haven’t use it het.

HMMMM…the Diablo blade is actually $2 cheaper here. I have heard others say good things about them.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

We use whatever is reasonable, lately one of the big boxes has had the Bosch 24 tooth blades at a decent price. we go through a lot so if I find a deal, I buy several.

For a framing blade we usually go with the 18 tooth as the cross cuts are fine and it works a lot better to rip with and we are typically doing both.

Are you talking about the blue Bosch dare devil blades, those are the ones I have been using for a few years now, I find that they stay sharp, and can cot just about anything pretty clean,
    They still are fairly thin though, but not that expensive,
    I have been very happy with them so far,

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I use Freud and Makita blades on my circular saw. Forrest blades on my table and miter saws.

The Diablo blades are pretty good, but not good enough for finer work IMO, which is why I only use Forrest blades on the Miter and Table saws.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

I purchase diablo and/or bosch blades for my circular saws.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

I have Irwin Marples, Diablo, Bosch and Tenryu blades. I like the Tenryu blades for my track saw because they have a lot of vibration dampening and don’t screech. Haven’t used the Bosch blades since they’re my backups since I got em for a good price.

I use Bosch, Diablo and Makita.
    All of them I did not have any problem with;
    I’m after some metal cutting blades, a friend suggested to look for Morse…way better than all others, Hilti, Bosch, Dewalt, Milwaukee, Makita etc.

Clev08
    Pro

The Diablo on my Milwaukee tilt-lok saw cuts like butter. I still have the stock blade on my cordless M18 Fuel saw but I have a 40 tooth fine finish blade that I use when I want to minimize chip out.

I was specifically looking at 7 1/4″ blades. Seems there are a small number of brands that are preferred around here. Thanks for all the input guys, it is a real eye opener and great information to have.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Keep an eye on Diablo 2-3 times a year they offer a free framing blade by request. Sign up for their e-mails. They just sent me a survey on blades and if you filled out the survey they will send you a free t-Shirt.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Keep an eye on Diablo 2-3 times a year they offer a free framing blade by request. Sign up for their e-mails. They just sent me a survey on blades and if you filled out the survey they will send you a free t-Shirt.

they also often have 2 for 1 packs at HD. Never with the other blades, always on a random display somewhere but worth keeping an eye out for.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.986 seconds