dcsimg

Circular saw blades?

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That Diablo Demo Demon is a nice blade with great reviews. Diablo makes a good blade.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

If you want a more precise, finer cut, go for a crosscutting blade. If you need a blade for various cutting applications, go for a combination blade. Also, there are blades designed for cutting certain types of wood, like plywood (plywood blade), lumber (dado blade), dimensional lumber (thin kerf blade). A few days ago I noticed an article about the saw blades. I would recommend about that site.

Welcome to BTP ,
    Yes that is a good source for information
    I’m subscribed to them

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I swear by the Diablo Demo Demon saw blades. You can usually find a two pack at HD for around $20. You just have to look for them on an end cap. Ive never seen these packages in the saw blade section, only singles for close to the same price.

This one?

I used to buy those ones, they are great aswell.

I’ll run out to thee trailer and grab a picture of the ones I’m talking about.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I swear by the Diablo Demo Demon saw blades. You can usually find a two pack at HD for around $20. You just have to look for them on an end cap. Ive never seen these packages in the saw blade section, only singles for close to the same price.

This one?

These are The ones I’ve been really liking lately.

Going to try this in another section and not put in a link to see if the thread posts this time.

Wondering what folks are using for circular saw blades, I need a new one.

The one that came with the Skilsaw was OK but worn out now. What I want is an inexpensive blade that will handle framing yet give me a decent cut on plywood with my track. I looked at a Freud 24 tooth framing blade but the body seemed really thin. It was $18 CDN. What are you using that you like?

thankyou my issue has been solved

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

As far as the blades being thin, Most saw blades available, especially in the circular saw market are “thin Kerf ” blades. They provide less resistance to the saw cutting through material as they are removing less material.

To get a standard kerf blade you need to go to a higher end blade and a blade with a greater tooth count such as the 40 tooth blades. The standard kerf will be stiffer and have less deflection in a cut which is important in a finishing cut such as when using a track saw, but not as important when cutting framing materials. A slight deflection in a cut of a 2 x 4 for a wall is a lot less critical that in finishing work. The speed of the cut is a lot greater with a thin kerf blade over a standard kerf blade also. The difference is minimal but it is there.

How big would be a deflection in a 7 1/4″ blade?

1/64″ ? We’re cutting wood not space ship parts.

The deflection is very minimal and only important in very hard woods or when cutting wide boards. It would not be even noticeable except in reap precise trim work. I have seen it a lot more in the cheaper 12″ blades for miter saws than in 7 1/4″ blades.

The purpose of my comment above was basically to say that the OP should not really worry about the thickness of the blade, but more the tooth count in what he is doing.

Bigger the blade, bigger the deflection. If the cut rate is slow you’ll get minimal deflection in bigger blades too.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Hmm, some posts are coming back from wherever they were hidden.
    I don’t even remember when I wrote the above post.
    Not today for sure.

Doobie

Not today for sure.

I saw the thread today with a spam post and went thru it and cleared ones that the anti-spam software had put in the penalty box long ago.

The reason it’s good to do that is that it ‘teaches’ the anti-spam software that the poster is OK. I’ve been trying to go back in threads recently and clearing old posts when I can. Should help to reduce the disappearing post issues that many members have been experiencing for some time. The problem is, it takes time to do that. A lot of back and forth and refreshes are involved. I think I cleared a half dozen old posts that were blocked in this short thread alone.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

If the cut rate is slow you’ll get minimal deflection in bigger blades too.

Never knew that, Thank you for the info

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Not today for sure.

Yeah it’s because sometimes I see posts that someone new posts in and I’ll either reply with tagging a mod , so sometimes things happen , I don’t recall if it was this one , but I also mentioned that the new poster revived a 6 year old thread , and sometimes they add a link , which I choose not to open ,

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.314 seconds