dcsimg

Christmas projects??

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 315 total)
  • Author
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I’m working on a few wooden puzzles similar to these. Got 3 roughed out and fitted today. Still need to sand and finish them.

Similar to these.

Thinking of making a few of these 6 piece puzzles as well. I tighten they’ll be easier than the 3 piece as I can cut all the notches with the table saw instead of a coping saw and chisel.

Those are really cool. The grandkids would have a blast with them.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Youngest Daughter requested a small bookshelf. So I will be on that soon.

6 pack holder with Bud Light, oh the inhumanity.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’ve made the six pack carrier in years past. They turned out pretty good.

I wouldn’t know who to give that to, as no one drinks a 6 pack. lol maybe if it came in a 24 case lol. .makes me think i am friends with alchys ahaha

What are you saying? 😉 I need AA??
    You can always make one for me.. 😎

lol if i made one for you, it’ll only have 2 hahahaha.

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

I’m working on a few wooden puzzles similar to these. Got 3 roughed out and fitted today. Still need to sand and finish them.

Similar to these.

Thinking of making a few of these 6 piece puzzles as well. I tighten they’ll be easier than the 3 piece as I can cut all the notches with the table saw instead of a coping saw and chisel.

If anyone’s interested I could come up with plans. I’ve the the 6 piece one already drawn up. the 3 piece wouldn’t take long.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

I’m making my Mother in Law an end grain cutting board and turning (hopefully) a French rolling pin. I also got the kits to make a bunch of wine stoppers for some friends. I got some nice Australian hardwood blanks for those,

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m making my Mother in Law an end grain cutting board and turning (hopefully) a French rolling pin. I also got the kits to make a bunch of wine stoppers for some friends. I got some nice Australian hardwood blanks for those,

@chrisk1970 now that sounds really nice! My sis-in-laws would love to have a cutting board and rolling pin. You may have just changed my direction here 🙂 I was feeling very “woodworking incompetent” and inadequate, so had decided to hollow out some old spindle material and make wooden windchimes to give them.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Similar to these.

If anyone’s interested I could come up with plans. I’ve the the 6 piece one already drawn up. the 3 piece wouldn’t take long.

I am interested. I think they would make great little gifts.

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

November 22, 2015 at 12:53 pm #429404 REPLY | THANK YOU (0) | QUOTE

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH
    Dustincoc wrote:

I’ll try to the plans for the 2 I’ve made up tonight. I need to set up sketchup on this computer so it might take a bit.

Here’ are free online plans for one I haven’t attempted yet. http://www.craftsmanspace.com/free-projects/wooden-knot-puzzle-plan.html

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I tried sketchup a little bit and couldn’t figure out how to work it. I hope you do better than me !

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I tried sketchup a little bit and couldn’t figure out how to work it. I hope you do better than me !

Dustin is a youngin and those kids are good at that stuff!

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Glad someone is. When I was in school the only told us there may be computers. I ask the grandkids how to do some of this stuff.
    But I will say when something on their houses break they call me.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I had plans to make a couple of these, I saw them in someones yard last summer as I happened to drive by. They are big though, I might maybe scale them down somewhat……But now after my current project I’ve got two Harley Davidson golf carts with blown engines I have to rebuild, They’re for an elderly guy I met a couple years ago up at camp. He owns one of the local bars, Someday I should start charging for my services LOL. But I do it for the fun of it and to help people out

They are pretty cool , I wouldn’t mind making a few for my yard.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

some great ideas and pretty cool projects for some. I hope you all start a thread when you get the project going! And don’t forget to let us now how they liked them!

I am adding the 6 pack holder and the puzzle to my list of things for Christmas!

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Dustin is a youngin and those kids are good at that stuff!

\
    Not as young as you’d think but I’ve been using sketchup since it came out. I also have had some autoCAD training in the past but I prefer Sketchup.

The plans may take a little longer to get up than I had hoped, I’m experiencing some technical difficulties and have had to switch to my old computer which doesn’t have Windows so it’s a bit difficult to get Sketchup to work.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

i have to build a bookshelf for my wife. complains to much that she runs out of space for her books. that has to stop 😀

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

i have to build a bookshelf for my wife. complains to much that she runs out of space for her books. that has to stop 😀

Good man! Take care of the problem…and build a bookshelf in the process 😉

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

@chrisk1970 now that sounds really nice! My sis-in-laws would love to have a cutting board and rolling pin. You may have just changed my direction here :) I was feeling very “woodworking incompetent” and inadequate, so had decided to hollow out some old spindle material and make wooden windchimes to give them.

Now that sounds like a great idea @TaraC ! Seems as I get older making stuff is really a great gift. I’m taking a turning class right now and we just started bowls. I had a lot of fun with that but I ain’t ready to turn bowls for nobody!

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Good man! Take care of the problem…and build a bookshelf in the process 😉

thanks, yeah will do. also gonna be a nice project to post the project/progress here at BTP

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

with the jointer you will be able to make the cutting boards easier, how were you making them before the jointer?

@Dabbs thats a very neat cube.

@Dustincoc
    i like that 3 d puzzle , thanks .

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 315 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.766 seconds