dcsimg

Choosing a new company logo

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

We are currently working through the logo design process with 99designs.com, and it’s a bit overwhelming! Tons of artists flood you with designs, and it’s up to you to suggest edits or alterations that would result in you choosing that design as the winner (then they get paid).

Here are some of the front runners…what do you like?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I would say #2 is my favorite but none really POP! Why did you pick Walnut for your name and what are you trying to portray with that. I would start there and try to get the logo to express what you were trying to portray with the name “Walnut”

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I like the second one too, I think it’s cool how the N is part of the chimney.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I agree on the second one. The last one has a good feel to it but needs some tweaking IMO.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Third one for No 2 …

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

I’m gonna go against the grain (pun intended) here and puck the first one. The whole roofline incorporated into the logo I feel is so over used now days. Being that you have “builders” in the name, there really is no questioning what your business is. It is refreshing to see something a little different.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Image #9 has my vote. I like the incorporation of the tree into the logo.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

The third, fifth, or sixth. I like the simplicity. It jumps out at you more with the clean designs, yet they seem the most memorable.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

I think the second image posted looks good except the red and green just don’t do it for me. Do your designers have some type of wood font or a way to fill the font with a wood grain? Just a thought.

I personally like #2,4,and 7, but 7 stands out for me,

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

I also like #2.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I like # 2 and 7 , they both stand out the most for me .

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I would say #2 is my favorite but none really POP! Why did you pick Walnut for your name and what are you trying to portray with that. I would start there and try to get the logo to express what you were trying to portray with the name “Walnut”

We are located on Walnut Street…and it’s my favorite wood to work with, so it just felt like a good starting point. Also, my town is part of the Tree City USA program…big deal around here to have trees and landscaping. City streets are lined with trees, ect.

Jon P.
    Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

We are located on Walnut Street…and it’s my favorite wood to work with, so it just felt like a good starting point. Also, my town is part of the Tree City USA program…big deal around here to have trees and landscaping. City streets are lined with trees, ect.

Then I would go with #2 but have the cards printed on Walnut veneer. more expensive but a real neat touch. I have gotten wood business cards in the past and thought they were pretty impressive.

Agree with the masses and say 2 or 7. Having them printed on wood veneer is an awesome idea!!!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

Sorry Jon. I’d keep lookin’. I don’t really like any of them. Looks like graphics from 15 years ago. None are particularly original imo.

Go type in a Google Image search “Walnut Logo”. You’ll see what I mean and may also get inspired with what direction you may want to take.

You want something that plays on the mind with the inherent strength and pacifying beauty of walnut, and also identifies that you’re a builder. You have one chance to capture that in most instances with your logo in people’s minds. Right now, none of them really do that well in your current choice list.

Sorry if this rains on the parade. I prefer honest critism over false flattery myself.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Then I would go with #2 but have the cards printed on Walnut veneer. more expensive but a real neat touch. I have gotten wood business cards in the past and thought they were pretty impressive.

Walnut veneer? Sign me UP!

Sorry if this rains on the parade. I prefer honest critism over false flattery myself.

No problem, thanks for your input. I guess the reason I started this thread is that I’m not completely set on any of the designs. The way this process works is that we are supposed to select a handful of options then have the artists perfect them over the final couple of days of the process. That said, I guess you could consider these the “starting point”.

Jon P.
    Instagram

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

This is just my opinion and thoughts. I don’t dislike any of the options you’ve shown above; they all look good. The things is that they all look on a sharp computer screen, but would they all look as good printed on something like a shirt or hat where details are harder to get sharp? Design #s 1, 3, 5, 6, 7 all look good, but I see some details that might not work well in various media- things like the tree and the thin lines. That’s why I prefer #2 and #4, they are less detailed. Just my thoughts, toss ’em if you want.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I’d go with 2 or 7 myself, however none of them are horrible.

Doobie

No problem, thanks for your input.

No problem Jon. I just wasn’t inspired by any of them except for the flared arches on #3. But that wasn’t enough for me in the overall design although sometimes a minimilist design is best if well done.

I’ve got no graphic artist history, but I do have marketing education and can still disect that stuff albeit my education in that area was in the 80’s and since has only been in observation and my inference as well as running my own business which is very particular to ‘image’ in acquiring initial acceptance in that regard. FWIW!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.546 seconds