dcsimg

Choice of masking tape.

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Good thread. I use a lot of the blue stuff, but it is OK like others have said – sticks sometimes and have to reapply as well. For sticky stuff I have had luck with “duck” duct tape. Have not tried the Gorilla tape, but have seen it on the shelf and wondered how well it would work.

Orange County, CA

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

I use 3M tape, but have used other well known brands with good results.

Bert

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I use green 3M #2060 exclusively

I use this tape when working on our surfing and windsurfing boards. Like you said the resin from releasing the glue.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I’ve never had luck with the cheap stuff especially with a hand masker

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Never liked the blue tape when spraying, it wont stay on. Green stuff works a little better for me.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Never liked the blue tape when spraying, it wont stay on. Green stuff works a little better for me.

Yea I no, I use the blue stuff a lot and it pisses me off every time.

Dirty

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Good question. When I painted 3 bedrooms and living room. I used blue 3M tape with orange writing. It did pretty good. Not to sticky when masking off trim and yet easy to pull it off when your done. I would recommend it.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

ive foind masking tape to be hit or miss… we use it for putting up plastic to mask off rooms, also use it to tape down paper to protect floors..

either its too sticky and removes finishes or is a nuisance to remove. or it just doesnt stick at all

i do have a roll of the green g tape that i won through a ig giveway but between lack of work and my leg injury i havent really used it much yet. hopefully early – mid april i will be able to go light duty and use some

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

i do have a roll of the green g tape that i won through a ig giveway but between lack of work and my leg injury i havent really used it much yet. hopefully early – mid april i will be able to go light duty and use some

I was thinking of trying out the G-Tape, but have yet to meet anyone who has actually tried it.
    Suppose to be super sticky, reusable but yet leave no residue behind.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It really depends on what I’m doing as to what I use these days,,, we have
    Gorilla tape
    Frog tape
    Duck tape

Dirty

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

its definitley uber sticky, both the green and the 2″ joist flashing tape. as i have played with a few pcs of both.

its just the price point thats the killer.. the green tape is $14 canadian i think and the flashing tape is around $25 believe

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

its definitley uber sticky, both the green and the 2″ joist flashing tape. as i have played with a few pcs of both.

its just the price point thats the killer.. the green tape is $14 canadian i think and the flashing tape is around $25 believe

gujaratshopee
    Pro
    Rajkot, Gujarat

Nowadays there are many companies who offers masking tape. But I regularly use various brands masking tape that I have mentioned here, ABRO Masking Tape, GP Masking Tape, ISAN Masking Tape, HIPPO and etc.

Gujarat Shopee: Packaging Materials Supplier in India

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.572 seconds