dcsimg

Chinese Spam Attacks!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Congrats on being elevated to mod status

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

There is a new solution developing for this issue with multiple spam posts by the same spammer. I’ll post of such accordingly once enacted.

All spam or mass spam attacks can be directed to me now. I’ve just been granted full admin access to deal with this by BTP Admin and the Webmaster. My ID is also changed to mod to let others know who may be new to the forum that I can be used to send requests for regular individual spams and other stuff too.

With full admin access, it is a lot easier getting rid of all a mass attacks in one fell swoop as long as the forum’s automated system hasn’t posted the new spam user itself in the quasi ‘cyberjail’ yet. Once that happens, it’s a PITA to deal with. So again, expedience in catching a potential mass spammer is important. This is a lot easier than contacting me than other mods who would have to do this one post at a time. When there’s hundreds of them, it is not reasonable to ask a mod to spend hours deleting them one by one.

I’m not on the forum every hour of day. but I’m here at least multiple times a day. Anything sent @doobie I would get on all my devices via email. And please bear with me, there’s a lot to learn with navigating the admin portal. The webmaster has only given me some basic guidance tonite just so I can get the bare essentials executed.

Congrats on becoming a Mod. I hope you can keep these spammers under control.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Just blocked my first Chinese spammer. Worked like a charm. They had just become member in the past hour and they were up to 20-30 or so posts when I happen to notice it.

Goodbye hydvpm82341! Yo’ Mama! Hehehe!

Now watch him/her come right back and try it again. That’s what they seem to like to do. Tag me if I don’t catch it myself. I’ve got a busy day and won’t be able to be looking in often otherwise.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Goodbye hydvpm82341! Yo’ Mama! Hehehe!

Good work Doobie, saved us from wading through all the stuff we can’t read. It bugs me they come on to an English site and post a bunch of stuff in Chinese. Why? It’s not like we can read it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

redwood
    Pro

I’ve never seen any Chinese spammers here. Am I missing anything?

I kind of know how it works though. My Amazon account was hacked by Russian folks. In this case their mission was to bombard Amazon with positive reviews of certain products. Each time I got a notification from Amazon thanking me for my review. Literally they posted hundreds of reviews in a short amount of time and it just overwhelmed my mail box. It happened I think about 3 separate times over about a month. Now Amazon sends me a text with a authorization code pretty frequently when I log on.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Doobie

I’ve never seen any Chinese spammers here. Am I missing anything?

I kind of know how it works though. My Amazon account was hacked by Russian folks. In this case their mission was to bombard Amazon with positive reviews of certain products. Each time I got a notification from Amazon thanking me for my review. Literally they posted hundreds of reviews in a short amount of time and it just overwhelmed my mail box. It happened I think about 3 separate times over about a month. Now Amazon sends me a text with a authorization code pretty frequently when I log on.

I don’t think it’s quite the same thing here Mark.

There’s no known discernible activity on this forum that is a pre-cursor to them.

The buggers just seem to have found this forum some months ago and just go at it whenever they can.

As said before, what’s the point in them doing this. Must be some Chinese riddle we’re not aware of.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.325 seconds