dcsimg

Child Stair Gates

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    lulu
    Pro

wow!i really love those. my daughter has the same problem. ive been trying to figure it out but now i know what to do. thanks a million!

Trifles make perfection, but perfection is no trifle.
    Michael Angelo

That is a slick way to mount the baby gates without damaging the nice oak posts.

woodman_412

Thanks guys. I’m hoping to get the other gates mounted this week at the bottoms of the stairs once I get the shop set up a little bit more. Right now we’re using a long bench at one set of stairs and a change table at the other to keep the girls off the stairs. First priority was the tops of the stairs since they are the most dangerous.

Dan

danpattison.com

woodman_412

I got another one made and installed today at the bottom of the main stairs. This one was a little different since the post was only square at the bottom. I reused the ash posts that I had set up at our old house since they had all the holes already drilled for the hardware and the thickness of them helped me too. It made for a very sturdy installation and the only thing that will need to be repaired when it is taken off is two small screw holes in the drywall. I also backed the plywood with waxed paper where it contacts the wall so that there won’t be any paint taken off with it when it’s removed.

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie

I got another one made and installed today at the bottom of the main stairs.

That one looked a little trickier to deal with. Nice job Dan!

woodman_412

I got another one made and installed today at the bottom of the main stairs.

That one looked a little trickier to deal with. Nice job Dan!

Thanks Kevin. This one was definitely a bit more involved since there was a spindle in the way and the post was only square at the bottom. It made for a very sturdy setup though when it was all installed. The one that I have left to do has the wall on one side like this one but just needs a regular post wrap on the other side.

Dan

danpattison.com

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I got another one made and installed today at the bottom of the main stairs. This one was a little different since the post was only square at the bottom. I reused the ash posts that I had set up at our old house since they had all the holes already drilled for the hardware and the thickness of them helped me too. It made for a very sturdy installation and the only thing that will need to be repaired when it is taken off is two small screw holes in the drywall. I also backed the plywood with waxed paper where it contacts the wall so that there won’t be any paint taken off with it when it’s removed.

Nicely done Dan. Well thought out. It’s a shame that not all tenants are as thoughtful as you.
    You girls will be safe in the new place.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s a nice gate. It should work good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,till the kid starts climbing,,,,,

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

woodman_412

That’s a nice gate. It should work good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,till the kid starts climbing,,,,,

lol yeah our youngest has already had a go at climbing it. She didn’t get anywhere but that doesn’t stop her determination. She seems to be pretty fearless…I guess if you’ve had two open heart surgeries there isn’t too much that will phase you.

Dan

danpattison.com

That’s genius. I have a little girl that isn’t walking yet but the last thing I wanted to do was still into my posts… I’ll be thinking of this post when it comes time to put up the baby gates.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

That’s genius. I have a little girl that isn’t walking yet but the last thing I wanted to do was still into my posts… I’ll be thinking of this post when it comes time to put up the baby gates.

which is probably soon, you should design it and start roughing out the idea on paper and we can make it for your place.

Man Dan, looks great, I did something similar to our other house, we had just the smaller square posts, I just used a 2×6 on one side and a3/4 pine 2×6 at the other side sandwiched the posts, Nothing nice like you have done, sorry not going to post anything 🙁

(embarrassing emicon)

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.363 seconds