dcsimg

CheRvon Acquires Skil (not CheVron)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

http://www.chervongroup.com/en/chervon-acquires-skil-brand

what does it mean going forward, how will bosch and skil be affected.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

thats quite an interesting article…
    Is SKIL the lower end class from SKILSAW ?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like Bosch split the Skil brand out and then sold it to Chevron. So I guess we’ll see the Skil line of tools at the convenience stores associated with Chevron gasoline. LOL

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Looks like Bosch split the Skil brand out and then sold it to Chevron. So I guess we’ll see the Skil line of tools at the convenience stores associated with Chevron gasoline. LOL

lol i don’t think this is the same Chevron that sells gas . Although for all the people who forgot gifts at christmas or anniversaries, this could be a winner

thats quite an interesting article…
    Is SKIL the lower end class from SKILSAW ?

Yes skil is the lower DIY brand of tools . There made for a certain price point for consumer .

Always willing to learn .

Interesting, I think that makes sense for Bosch, sometimes having too many tools and levels under the one banner can be confusing for consumers.

Will

This is the Nanjing Chevron that makes the Kobalt 24V Max tools I think.

So Bosch is selling the Skil brand off to them but not Skilsaw then?

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

That’s sort of what I’m taking from this.

They also make the Ego brand cordless that’s pretty successful for them . I was surprise they bought flex brand to .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lol @theamcguy that was funny. I believe it’s for better marketing strategi. Hope this will push bosch to put more tools on the north american maerket let’s hope for best

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I cannot get the Articles open it says it cannot be found???

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

wow thats weird apparently they changed the title of the article on their home page
    http://www.chervongroup.com/en/chervon-plans-buy-skil

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Wow that’s quite an article. Chevron has been making OEM parts for Bosch for years now. Chevron has just bought the skil line. Skil saw is now a Chinese tool. Well they’ve been made in China for many years now anyways. This will only add more value to the old American-made skill saws for those you still have them.

I asked protool reviews to clarify if both skil and skilsaw are owed by chevron . They are checking to make sure .

Wow that’s quite an article. Chevron has been making OEM parts for Bosch for years now. Chevron has just bought the skil line. Skil saw is now a Chinese tool. Well they’ve been made in China for many years now anyways. This will only add more value to the old American-made skill saws for those you still have them.

The company that bought(or is buying?) Skil is “(Nanjing) Chervon” not Chevron.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The company that bought(or is buying?) Skil is “(Nanjing) Chervon” not Chevron.

that was made clear earlier on in this thread but thank you for pointing that out it is 6 o’clock in the morning here and I am very slow. Heck I’m still in bed talking to a phone lol .

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

wow thats weird apparently they changed the title of the article on their home page

Kinda hard to decipher if it’s just Skil or Skilsaw, they purchased.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Kinda hard to decipher if it’s just Skil or Skilsaw, they purchased.

In the artical they show a pic of the worm drive line of saws.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Very interesting development, thanks for posting up the article on the forum. Great to be in the know with what’s happening in the tool world!

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Very interesting development, thanks for posting up the article on the forum. Great to be in the know with what’s happening in the tool world!

I wonder how that will affect us, will we have the skil sidewinder still on the list?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.567 seconds