dcsimg

Cheap Light Sawhorses

Viewing 11 posts - 221 through 231 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Has anyone just used these?

My grandfather had these, they didn’t work very well.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I used those a lot and really don’t like the straight legs on them.

I used those a lot and really don’t like the straight legs on them.

Can’t you cut the bottoms off to make them sit on a surface correctly and not on an edge.

Jummul
    Pro

Our local hardware store sells lightweight wooden sawhorses for 4$ each. Wouldn’t trust them with my life, but are certainly useful.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I just finished my second saw bench. The split style one (my first) is from “Billy’s little bench” blog and the second I just kind of down sized a Roubo in my mind. At around 19″ tall they are easier for working than full height saw horses and both being made from left over construction material, they were inexpensive. Took a while to build them.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I just finished my second saw bench. The split style one (my first) is from “Billy’s little bench” blog and the second I just kind of down sized a Roubo in my mind. At around 19″ tall they are easier for working than full height saw horses and both being made from left over construction material, they were inexpensive. Took a while to build them.

Those look nice. Would be really nice around the shop.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Thatkid
    Pro

I keep a pair of these in my truck. I like them because they are light, cheap, and compact when folded up. They do have their limitations though. This picture shows what happens when you drop a 36 x 80 luaun door slab a little too hard on them.

I have got a few sets of theses from menards when they had them on sale for 7$. They have actually lasted a long time considering I beat the h$ll out of them.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

My grandfather had these, they didn’t work very well.

yah Im not a fan of them either, so i went a bought the cheap black plastic ones from Canadian tire, they broke pretty soon afterwards. will need to pick up a few more somewhere or make em.

Jummul
    Pro

Great stuff! Looks very sturdy.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Those are some nice saw benches JDO.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JDO, those look really handy. I really like the one with the 2X4 top. May have to copy that one.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 11 posts - 221 through 231 (of 231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.533 seconds