dcsimg

CCW question.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

But until SamM responds, you’re answers are only surmising. It may be for a very different reason. That’s why I asked him directly, but so far, no response.

@SamM
    Don’t know if you saw this or not?

And everything is a cach and an assault weapon. The bad guys they catch have nothing on some of us regular joes.

And it is always the few that ruin it for the many…..

I live in a tough part of town but don’t own anything other than an aluminum bat. I definitely think there can be wisdom in CCW as an option for some people and respect that, but it just isn’t for me for now.

John S

SamM
    Pro
    Halifax, NS

But until SamM responds, you’re answers are only surmising. It may be for a very different reason. That’s why I asked him directly, but so far, no response.

@SamM Don’t know if you saw this or not?

I saw it, but forgot about it. Thanks for Tagging me, Im not super regular on here so its helpful to be reminded when someones looking for my input.

My belief stems from a video I watched on one of those “worlds craziest police videos”. A security guard unloaded two clips at a killer in a busy street without hitting him. It disgusted me to see him so flagrantly disregard the lives of the bystanders.

this is a vid I found on youtube about it. Interview with the guard who did the shooting.

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

@SamM Don’t know if you saw this or not?

I saw it, but forgot about it. Thanks for Tagging me, Im not super regular on here so its helpful to be reminded when someones looking for my input.

My belief stems from a video I watched on one of those “worlds craziest police videos”. A security guard unloaded two clips at a killer in a busy street without hitting him. It disgusted me to see him so flagrantly disregard the lives of the bystanders.

this is a vid I found on youtube about it. Interview with the guard who did the shooting.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/NeFB17CtTww?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

@SamM
    , I appreciate you responding.

I’m still struggling to understand how you came to formulating your belief’s based on the video you posted. It shows in the video that he takes down the suspect. Secondly, it’s in Israel, a very different country on the world stage. Thirdly, he’s dealing with a terrorist, not your average Joe Citizen. There are times when civilian casualties cannot help but occur. I personally, would rather an over-armed society, with safer streets and an in-check govt, than the reverse. Because in reality an un-armed population is neither safe or free.

As I said, I’m all for proper training and practicing. As Sven said, it’s a whole different thing out there under pressure. But here in the US, at least for a little bit longer, we still have the 2nd amm which provides the right to protect.

I’m on my phone, but if I remember correctly, you’re from Canada? Having lived in Canada, I’m aware of how some Canadian’s views differ from ours here in the US because of the laws.

Sam, not criticizing you. I guess I just don’t come to the same result.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

The video was a bit vague about what actually happened. @SamM, @hdpro – I see and understand both of your points of view; that being said here is my opinion. Part of the responsibilities of carrying and using a firearm is having the ability to use that firearm proficiently. A person that is unable to hit their target, or unable to comprehend that a handgun is not the gun to use for 80 yard shots at a moving target is not a proficient firearms user. As myself and others have stated, if you are going to carry a gun you must know how to use that gun in any situation – part of knowing how to use that gun is being familiar and realistic about your ability to use it proficiently and effectively.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I can not carry and protect myself over here.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Are there many firearms on the Island for hunting DWB?? I recall we tried to go on a pig hunt but it wasn’t going to work out. Strange that state by state can be so different with the 2nd amm

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

DWB, can you enlighten us a little on your laws over there?

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

Just stumbled on this thread.

Two weeks ago my plumber, kept going to his van, getting stuff, and locking the van. we’re in a very safe area, I asked him why he’s locking his van. He told me he has a .380 under the set. Seems he was at a bank a couple of years ago that got robbed. so he now carries 24/7. never knew that in the years I’ve known him.

Last week I carried almost 24/7. we had a large Bobcat roaming the yard. See how J.D. and I walk the woods in the am before work. I didn’t want to be unarmed. So armed at the job Yes.

NOTE: I carry a Glock or s&w semi auto.
    I would take magazine out, and slide off.
    Gun in truck, mag in pocket, slide in trailer.
    so I wasn’t really carrying for work. And in Massachusetts you can’t leave in vehicle, which I wouldn’t do in one piece anyhow.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

And in Massachusetts you can’t leave in vehicle, which I wouldn’t do in one piece anyhow.

I have one of these (http://www.gunvault.com/nano-vault-300-nv300.html) in my truck when I am work or somewhere that I cannot carry I lock my pistol up in it. That way I do not have to keep my truck locked all the time.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

NOTE: I carry a Glock or s&w semi auto.
    I would take magazine out, and slide off.
    Gun in truck, mag in pocket, slide in trailer.
    so I wasn’t really carrying for work. And in Massachusetts you can’t leave in vehicle, which I wouldn’t do in one piece anyhow.

Seems like it would take more time to get all of the pieces together than it would to simply hop in the truck and drive off.

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

In Massachusetts
    Can’t use a lock box. Permit is ” license to Carry”
    Stupid I know.
    Taking it apart, It’s no longer a Pistol.
    Not carrying for jobsite security, Carrying for the time Me & j.d. get out of truck at HOME and the valet attendant is the 50# Bobcat.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

The vast majority of time I do. Wished the need was not there, but reality is, it is. Youngstown Ohio, Warren Ohio are not nearly as bad as some big city’s, but there are to many areas that are to close for comfort.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Are there many firearms on the Island for hunting DWB?? I recall we tried to go on a pig hunt but it wasn’t going to work out. Strange that state by state can be so different with the 2nd amm

Damit guys I’m sorry I wasn’t Subscribed. Brad if you went on a pig hunt with a guide the guide probably had a hidden gun on him. I would be stupid not to. A big boar can get very pissed off and very mean and a 9mm will not take him down! Many times hunter will keep a gun with them for that time the boar gets the better of the dogs and they will stand their ground and charge.

Sven we have some of the strictest gun laws in the country right along with California. A CCW is almost impossible to get here. The whole state is so liberal nobody seems to like guns. Heck here if you kill a bird a feral cat or your dog you be prosecuted while the most defenseless of people are killed discarded with the trash.
    http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/Woman_who_killed_peacock_says_she_just_lost_it.html

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Wow DWB. What a strange place you live in.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Damit guys I’m sorry I wasn’t Subscribed. Brad if you went on a pig hunt with a guide the guide probably had a hidden gun on him. I would be stupid not to. A big boar can get very pissed off and very mean and a 9mm will not take him down! Many times hunter will keep a gun with them for that time the boar gets the better of the dogs and they will stand their ground and charge.

Sven we have some of the strictest gun laws in the country right along with California. A CCW is almost impossible to get here. The whole state is so liberal nobody seems to like guns. Heck here if you kill a bird a feral cat or your dog you be prosecuted while the most defenseless of people are killed discarded with the trash.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/Woman_who_killed_peacock_says_she_just_lost_it.html

I think that may soon change as Cali laws did. Someone needs to challenge it in federal court. State laws can’t Trump the constitution. Shall not be infringed is exactly that. I’ve never understood how something so clear could be interpreted so many different ways.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@SamM, I appreciate you responding.

I’m still struggling to understand how you came to formulating your belief’s based on the video you posted. It shows in the video that he takes down the suspect. Secondly, it’s in Israel, a very different country on the world stage. Thirdly, he’s dealing with a terrorist, not your average Joe Citizen. There are times when civilian casualties cannot help but occur. I personally, would rather an over-armed society, with safer streets and an in-check govt, than the reverse. Because in reality an un-armed population is neither safe or free.

As I said, I’m all for proper training and practicing. As Sven said, it’s a whole different thing out there under pressure. But here in the US, at least for a little bit longer, we still have the 2nd amm which provides the right to protect.

I’m on my phone, but if I remember correctly, you’re from Canada? Having lived in Canada, I’m aware of how some Canadian’s views differ from ours here in the US because of the laws.

Sam, not criticizing you. I guess I just don’t come to the same result.

Yes I agree!

SamM
    Pro
    Halifax, NS

I guess I didn’t fully explain myself. I don’t like people having guns and not training to use them. I do think people should be allowed to have guns. If it wasn’t such a pita to own one here I’d have my own handgun.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I guess I didn’t fully explain myself. I don’t like people having guns and not training to use them. I do think people should be allowed to have guns. If it wasn’t such a pita to own one here I’d have my own handgun.

Do you think thuggs should have guns and not be trained to use them?
    Most every hand gun I’ve used was point and shoot.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.437 seconds