dcsimg

CCW question.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

For those of you who carry, Do you carry while you are actually working onsite? How do you deal with dust? Does it alter your cleaning schedule?

I won’t work in an area where I need to ccw while actually working. So no, I’m not going to add a heavy gun to the mix. If anything I would consider outfitting a drill case as a weapon box and keeping that close, but that’s all going to depend upon who you are working with.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I don’t cary but have considered it. If I did I don’t think I would carymon the site. I don’t need the additional weight or see a reason to have it there..

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

If I have to carry on a job, I’m not going to work there.

SamM
    Pro
    Halifax, NS

If I carry on a job I go to jail.

I would say that if you are gonna carry on a job then yeah, clean more often. And practice a lot. There’s nothing worse than some who carrys but can’t hit what they are aiming at. Not suggesting you can’t shoot, just stating a personal conviction.

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Counter-Clock-Wise …. oops, sorry different CCW

--Steve

If I have to carry on a job, I’m not going to work there.

I can perfectly understand that sentiment and agree wholeheartedly.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

It is a rare occasion that I leave home without my carry gun but I do not wear the gun while at work. I have a small gun safe cable locked to the back seat of my truck that I stow my pistol in while at work.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Can’t carry. Wouldn’t want to on the job site. I’ve worn my handgun enough to know I would rather leave it it off then cart it around all the time.

Did you see A Concord Carpenters facebook pictures? They had a little target practice on their hammer test site.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

If I carry on a job I go to jail.

I would say that if you are gonna carry on a job then yeah, clean more often. And practice a lot. There’s nothing worse than some who carrys but can’t hit what they are aiming at. Not suggesting you can’t shoot, just stating a personal conviction.

@samm
    , What’s this personal conviction based on?

kzcarp
    Pro

While I was thinking about this, and the need to carry, I started thinking about the people who pay me in cash. Mostly older retired people, one little old Italian lady comes to mind, and I think if I’m worried about having cash on me that she has just paid me for rebuilding her porch, how does she manage to get back and forth to the bank safely. Of course this was the job where I’d regularly find spent cartridges on the street and sidewalk.

kevin

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

While I was thinking about this, and the need to carry, I started thinking about the people who pay me in cash. Mostly older retired people, one little old Italian lady comes to mind, and I think if I’m worried about having cash on me that she has just paid me for rebuilding her porch, how does she manage to get back and forth to the bank safely. Of course this was the job where I’d regularly find spent cartridges on the street and sidewalk.

kevin

You might be surprised how many of those older customers are “protected”!

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

The 9th circuit Court of Appeals just overturned California concealed carry rules starting we have a right to conceal and personal protection is enough of a cause. The state can’t pick and choose which citezens can protect themselves and which can’t. Shall not infringe has real meaning.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

The 9th circuit Court of Appeals just overturned California concealed carry rules starting we have a right to conceal and personal protection is enough of a cause. The state can’t pick and choose which citezens can protect themselves and which can’t. Shall not infringe has real meaning.

That was a couple months ago, right? That was an important ruling for the second amendment.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

That was a couple months ago, right? That was an important ruling for the second amendment.

Hell yeah it was!

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I a person’s choice to carry or not to carry. Sad to think a contractor might feel the need for such protection. I sure hope you guys stay safe!

I’ve confronted drug dealers and felons on this property when I first started as property manager. It was a real rat’s nest of crime that I had to clean out. The ‘weapon’ I carried and showed at those times was my little cell phone. As soon as they saw this little ole lady flip open her cell phone, they backed down 🙂

Pat

Man..it took me a bit to figure out what the hell CCW was…lol. I don’t own any guns. I am not against them and my wife and I have talked a few times about getting one. I think the jobsite would be the last place I would carry one. In the truck, maybe, but not while working.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I’ve never carried to work

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Being Canadian it’s not something we’d have to worry about. I need to fill out a stack of paperwork and strap it on a moose, wait three weeks and then just maybe I’ll get permission to drive to a gun range and back, taking only the most direct route without peeing or getting a coffee along the way.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

What’s this personal conviction based on?

Could be knowledge, experience, or both. He’s right. If you are going to take on the responsibility of CCW, then you better be able to hit your mark. Marksmanship and weapons safety can’t be stressed enough. I have carried a lot. IMHO if you are going to CCW on the Job, of anywhere for that matter, you need to go out and shoot frequently. Don’t just shoot on a Saturday though after a good nights sleep. Go to shoot after you have had a long hot and exhausting day when you can’t think about anything other than a cold beer and a soft chair. Go to a range and stress out your body, run a couple of miles, wear out your arms doing push ups, jumping jacks or whatever and then shoot, because you won’t be well rested when time comes to use your pistol. I guarantee you that it will be harder than you ever thought to hit anything. The last thing that anyone needs is missing our mark and hitting something unintentional. All that crap you see on TV where a sofa stops bullets, or your car door, is all a load of crap.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.532 seconds