dcsimg

Caulk gun

This topic contains 21 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  NJBuilder 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I have to get a new caulk gun.
    I was leaving the Job site. Been working on a flout house in a marina. In a hurry Thursday wanting to get home. I was carrying to much stuff at one time. As things always go when in a rush. It fell out of my box, bounced off the deck into the water. How it did it without hitting the railing is beyond me. So needless to say I have to get a new one. What’s everyone”s preference?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Thats a sad story! you should have dove in for it lol. I also seem to use cheap ones and every time i do i hate myself as i feel like i spend a lot of time stopping drips and dealing with BS. I’m interested to hear some peoples reviews as i too need one of quality.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I like the Tajima caulk guns – I have the Convoy X and the Convoy Super. Both work great, undoubtedly the best caulking guns I have owned.

http://www.tajimatool.com/products/caulkguns/

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

A Carpenter's Journal

Housewright Construction

Thatkid
    Pro

I like the Tajima caulk guns – I have the Convoy X and the Convoy Super. Both work great, undoubtedly the best caulking guns I have owned.

I saw the tajima caulk gun at marsh tools and it looked like it would work really well. Next time I am there I may have to pick one up.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I would have to entertain those Tajima ones next go around. The thing is no one has them locally and when you need it you, need it. I just replace a decent one that lasted a couple of years with a composite one from HD. It feels like a cheap piece of crap but it works okay.

The biggest hassle is preserving the sealant in a soft state so your not forcing the gun to push cured stuff through the tip.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I always try to get the best gun at the store I am at. I have broken and tossed to many cheap one s over the years.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I had to order the Tajima’s online, nobody local had them but I kept hearing good things about them so I ordered them and I am glad I did.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

A Carpenter's Journal

Housewright Construction

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I like the caulk guns with the option to prevent ozzing. As soon as you release the trigger the pressure stops so the caulk stops flowing when your done with the bead.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thanks for the recommendation on the Tajima’s. Looks nice. Bill, amen to stopping oozing. What a pain that is to deal with.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Thanks Chad, gonna have to look into the Tajima.

Ron

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

for beaters i just buy the more expensive ones at home depot. i use those for construction adhesive and back caulking windows.. for a finish bead i use a $40 gun from which is sold only at whole salers. i cant remember the name

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Cox is a decent brand. We have their regular guns and a sausage gun. They are sold in a lot of places.

http://www.cox-applicators.com/our-products/category/single_component/sc_10oz_cartridge/sc_10ozc_manual/detail/chilton

We have a couple of these and they work well.

The Tajima guns look real nice as well!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Been buying the better one at HD, going online to check out a couple of others.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

The Cox guns look like another good one. Will have to see which might be sold locally.

Ron

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Thanks Chad, gonna have to look into the Tajima.

I’ll probably order one of those online soon enough.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Man those Tajima caulk guns look very nice. I’d go with them.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Brutus
    Pro
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

My coworker has two.

They are awesome. I want one.

Carpenter-Hockey Fan-Cheap Beer Connoisseur

kzcarp
    Pro

My coworker has two.

They are awesome. I want one.

I have one. They are awesome. Get one.

kevin

RyanF
    Pro

What’s the benefit of the super over the x? There’s a good bit of a price difference.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

brutus.. prime has the tajima caulking guns

heres the $40 gun i bought at byrd stairs which is a local wholesaler

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.030 seconds