dcsimg

CanNibble Drill Attachment

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bbernardesjr87 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Anyone has one of these to cut sheet metal?

Attaches to a drill.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Attaches to a drill.

A nibbler is something I’ve wanted to get for a long time now. Altho I don’t need it a lot, when I do need it it’s great to have.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie
    Pro

Look for long term usage reviews on something like that to see how long they last before dulling.

Just so you know, Bosch makes dedicated nibblers.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Attaches to a drill.

A nibbler is something I’ve wanted to get for a long time now. Altho I don’t need it a lot, when I do need it it’s great to have.

It is not an expensive item, like $15 or so. No it’s a low usage item but handy to have.

Look for long term usage reviews on something like that to see how long they last before dulling.

For me it’s a low usage item not worth getting a dedicated tool. My specific application is to destroy a few dozen recessed can lights I will be able to chew through the metal housings quick with this compared to a tinsnip. Once I am done I wouldn’t care if it dulls. For those who do metal cutting a lot they might need a durable dedicated nibbler though.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

But can they be bought??? The big A says “Currently unavailable.
    We don’t know when or if this item will be back in stock.”

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

But can they be bought??? The big A says <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>“Currently unavailable.
    We don’t know when or if this item will be back in stock.”

This site says it’s “Product is discontinued”
    https://www.grainger.com/product/BOSCH-Sheet-Metal-Nibbler-1PKV3
    Oh edit,,, I see a new one listed here.
    http://www.bosch-professional.com/ma/en/nibbler-gna-3-5-213931-0601533103.html

Dirty

Doobie
    Pro

Oh edit,,, I see a new one listed here.
    http://www.bosch-professional.com/ma/en/nibbler-gna-3-5-213931-0601533103.html

But that’s on the Bosch Euro site.

The only one I can find over here is the 12V shearer which I didn’t know they made a 12V model of any metal cutting tool.

https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/metal-shears-ps70bn-43197-p/

All the corded ones available from a few years ago seem to be gone from the Bosch NA website. I recall they had a couple of shearers and one or two maybe corded nibblers.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I wonder if the handle on this nibbler that allows you I assume to hold it a different way, I assume it’s somewhat adustable? I don’t mind to have a handle like that for a grinder. I am curious if it is the same threaded connection size like those on a Bosch grinder?

If so I am going to check if the handle itself is available for purchase as a part.

Auxiliary handle 2 602 025 075

CB
    Pro

Dirty mentioned the item at Grainger being “discontinued”.

I honestly don’t know how Grainger stays in business. When I think of all the products Grainger has discontinued during the last decade… Grainger has taken away the last and final reason to pay double or triple for any given industrial item they carry… which is… they don’t carry it any more.

If they don’t have it, then there is no value in the convenience of them having it in stock, nor in the quickness of them transferring it from another warehouse internally. When I go into a Grainger nowadays, and they tell me that I have to go online now to get what I came in for, I go online alright. Just like they suggest. But not to Grainger’s website.

How does Grainger stay in business? In order to get their catalog, which I used to use as a reference book for all things back in the day (80’s/90’s), they now say you have to go online. Well, when I go online, there are plenty of other options to get what I want, faster, and cheaper, than the increasing subset of “house” import brands that Grainger is now cloaking from China.

Grainger used to be the first place I looked. Now it startles me to even hear/read the name Grainger spoken. “The ones who get it done” know about Amazon, who can deliver same day, on a Sunday.

Doobie
    Pro

How does Grainger stay in business?

Large company contracts that by huge amounts. They don’t care how they treat the little guys.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Mississauga, Ontario

It’s undeniable that nibblers come handy for some tasks, some profiles etc.
    This attachment seems to be solid and well built, cheaper ones aren’t made with good materials and for this reason they do not last long.

However, I personally prefer the nibbler tool itself. Easier and faster, as it is a ready to go type of tool, put the battery and get it done.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

However, I personally prefer the nibbler tool itself. Easier and faster, as it is a ready to go type of tool, put the battery and get it done.

so do I. The thing is I don’t have enough nibbling to do to justafi getting one. It has a heafty price and it seems the snips always seem to do fine.

Dirty

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Mississauga, Ontario

so do I. The thing is I don’t have enough nibbling to do to justafi getting one. It has a heafty price and it seems the snips always seem to do fine.

@dirtywhiteboy I understand that, it does not justify the price for rare use.
    I have some friends which use it every day, so the price comes down and get paid real quick.
    Snips can handle a lot of stuff, but for jobs which require this type of tool, they work flawlessly.
    Some “special” tools shine when required, right angle drills/impacts, attachments, some lights, some cordless tools, etc. It’s really common at the job site where I go, to hear people whining for not having the right tools lol.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.641 seconds