dcsimg

Can You Identify This Bandsaw?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I mentioned to my auctioneer buddy a while back to keep an eye out for a bandsaw for me. Well yesterday the OL found this surprise when she got home. I’m not at home to check it out so she sent these pics, There is a tag on the side but I can’t make it out in the pics. I’m curious as to what brand it is and am hoping one of yous may recognize it, Pretty cool for a freebie huh?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boyd that looks a lot like my Craftsman Band Saw from the late 80s. The stand, the knob on top, the clips holding the plastic access door shut the works.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

Boyd that looks a lot like my Craftsman Band Saw from the late 80s. The stand, the knob on top, the clips holding the plastic access door shut the works.

I had a feeling that’s what it might be, It looks like the switch is missing or something weird where the cord plugs into. so is it a decent saw? Wait…….. It must be if you have one 🙂

amulder
    Pro
    London, ON

I agree, looks like a Craftsman. Why no photos of the front?

www.wordsnwood.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

I searched up Craftsman and I think yer right, This one says it’s a 12″ 1979-80. from what I can see the stand is the same and the cords go into the side the same too. Even the tag could be the same http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/detail.aspx?id=17741

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree, looks like a Craftsman. Why no photos of the front?

I was lucky to get any pics of it LOL, I’m not home and haven’t actually seen it in person. I’ll try to get her to send me more tonight………

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I mentioned to my auctioneer buddy a while back to keep an eye out for a bandsaw for me. Well yesterday the OL found this surprise when she got home. I’m not at home to check it out so she sent these pics, There is a tag on the side but I can’t make it out in the pics. I’m curious as to what brand it is and am hoping one of yous may recognize it, Pretty cool for a freebie huh?

Hey! Good score. Nice to have friends like that.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

Definitely looks like a Craftsman to me as well. It is definitely great to get a free saw like that!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey! Good score. Nice to have friends like that.

Definitely looks like a Craftsman to me as well. It is definitely great to get a free saw like that!

We’ve done a lot of trading/giving and favors throughout the years, We’re good friends. He’s also the same guy that’s teasing me with that Van-up he dropped off at my house I posted in this thread LOL… http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/check-out-this-customized-van-up/#post-370258

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have to agree on the Craftsman, it looks almost identical to my fathers that he got from my grandfather. I would also agree that it was most likely a late 70’s or early 80’s vintage.

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

craftsman , 90% sure..

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I wonder who built those for Craftsman??

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have no idea. A lot of parts are still available for it though. I know that.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Emerson Electric

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I got a few more pics this morning. Although this was fun and you guys are good it’s amazing what she found on the other side LOL. She just didn’t happen to look at the other side, GAWD LOL ….Thanks y’all, Yous were right on and it’s great to know parts are still available

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well, I got a few more pics this morning. Although this was fun and you guys are good it’s amazing what she found on the other side LOL. She just didn’t happen to look at the other side, GAWD LOL ….Thanks y’all, Yous were right on and it’s great to know parts are still available

Puck, I’d paint that sucker red and set it up next to the grinder!!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yep knew it was a Craftsman looks just like mine. Looks like you are getting a good deal.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I saw this bandsaw on FB yardsale. Does anyone know kind this saw could be. The price is little high.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

I saw this bandsaw on FB yardsale. Does anyone know kind this saw could be. The price is little high.

I don’t recognize that color at all. The drill press beside it looks to be the same manufacturer. Either that or the previous owner just really liked teal. Interesting case design on the saw that I’ve never seen either. I am curious as to who made it as well.

Clev08
    Pro

Looks like a 12 inch craftsman according to this website.
    http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/detail.aspx?id=9551

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.616 seconds