dcsimg

cabinets refinish. re-post in new thread

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

They make little pyramid shape blocks that you can put under your piece for painting and they work good. I have taken scrap wood and ran screws though the scrap and then set my piece on top of the screw points. This way you can spray one side and flip it over right away and spray the other side all in one shot.

Ron Thank you for the tip. Never knew you could do that.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

KenW
    Pro

They make little pyramid shape blocks that you can put under your piece for painting and they work good. I have taken scrap wood and ran screws though the scrap and then set my piece on top of the screw points. This way you can spray one side and flip it over right away and spray the other side all in one shot.

Those little white tables (heard that on some movie or the other lol) in pizza boxes work well too.
    Ron Thank you for the tip. Never knew you could do that.

yellaD
    Pro

That’s a good idea too @kenW, I wished I saved the hundreds that I threw out!

burr251
    Pro

One of the best ideas I ever saw for refinishing cabinets is to take them down and bring them to a body shop. I’ve had a couple friends do this and if you know someone who owns/works in one they can get it done real quick and they come out with essentially a factory finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yellaD
    Pro

I would agree with that theory because they have a dedicated room/area for painting and finishing plus all the dedicated tools and supplies. I don’t have a hook-up like that so Ive never thought of it…do you know how much your friend paid?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

One of the best ideas I ever saw for refinishing cabinets is to take them down and bring them to a body shop. I’ve had a couple friends do this and if you know someone who owns/works in one they can get it done real quick and they come out with essentially a factory finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that sounds like a great idea. and they have experience with applying a smooth finish

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.388 seconds