dcsimg

Buying a mig welder

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

I’m planing on buying a mig gun soon . Also a spool gun for welding aluminum . Was looking at the Lincoln 180 for medium shop use . Any advice on other models would be appreciated .
    Thanks

My name is Gerald Taylor of Taylor made granite furnishings LLC . .

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

do you mind changing gas or do you want to run the mig and the spool gun at the same time? Some of the higher end models let you run dual gas and you don’t have to unplug.

Also look at the Hobart 210 MVP.

The dual voltage is nice on both those machines if you need it.

My best advice is find a spool gun you like to use and then get the machine it fits. Seems kinda back wards but I find there are subtle differences in the spool guns, but all the machines work basically the same.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Im a torch guy, lots of stick, and some mig experience…
    If I was gonna buy another welder, it would be a tig. Mig leaves a weld that’s too ‘hard’ for my taste..

--Steve

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

The Hobart 210 is a nice machine, If I had to buy another welder this would be the one.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Ive used the lincoln 180 its a nice unit. Though I have never hooked gas to it or done alum. So in that end i can give no advice

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

do you mind changing gas or do you want to run the mig and the spool gun at the same time? Some of the higher end models let you run dual gas and you don’t have to unplug.

My best advice is find a spool gun you like to use and then get the machine it fits. Seems kinda back wards but I find there are subtle differences in the spool guns, but all the machines work basically the same.
    I will check into the 210 MVP dual gas sounds good .
    I plan on getting a spool gun . I will take a hard look at them . I’ve seen some low end that are just entry level .thanks

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Steve will look at a rig mig . My sons a welder an said the same thing . The mig would work well for my furniture grams I build . Thanks

Attachments:
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Steve will look at a rig mig . My sons a welder an said the same thing . The mig would work well for my furniture grams I build . Thanks

what is a furniture gram? I haven’t heard that term before.

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Lol I guess I should have had my reading glasses on .
    Merry Christmas

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

The furniture gram is what happens when I don’t have my reading glasses lol .
    Have a Merry Christmas
    Lol I guess I should have had my reading glasses on .
    Merry Christmas

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

Seriously looking at the Hobart 210 an a good quality spool gun .

The Hobart 210 is a nice machine, If I had to buy another welder this would be the one.

What is that welded stand for? Looks like maybe a coffee table?

gtaylor
    Pro
    El Dorado, Ar

What is that welded stand for? Looks like maybe a coffee table?

The stand is for a granite table an will have a shelve on the bottom .
    Still a work in progress

I am now in the market for a welder, and am looking at the Hobart 210 MVP, did anyone else end up buying one?

Will

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I am now in the market for a welder, and am looking at the Hobart 210 MVP, did anyone else end up buying one?

I’ve been eyeing the everlast one, they are decently priced. . I was thinking of picking one up to do those hair pin legs that everyone is so fond of right now.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hobart makes a good welder as well as Lincoln Electric. Both would be good choices.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Me and a buddy went in on a Eastwood one it’s small and for the limited use its plenty. What are you going to use it for.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.478 seconds