dcsimg

Business Cards

This topic contains 118 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 101 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • Author

Doobie
    Pro

Never printed them myself, but I did use the cheapo standardized style from Staples early on. Then I went and got a real printing company to make them with design along with letterhead, envelopes etc…

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Well, I’m a cheap bugger, and printed my own for now 🙂

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

Well, I’m a cheap bugger, and printed my own for now :)

Nice how does that UR code work .

Always willing to learn .

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

They don’t look cheap at all, I like them , and I was thinking e same thing about the code .

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

They don’t look cheap at all, I like them , and I was thinking e same thing about the code .

I looked into it a little bit when I was getting my cards done, and from what I remember you basically buy your own code from a site that hosts it (like a website) and re-directs it to your website / facebook / twitter or whatever you like. I might be slightly off though, that was just my take on what I briefly read.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

The QR code was from an app I use… You enter your Web address into a box and it converts it into a QR code.
    Right now it just redirects to my FB page, but I may just create a gallery and relink it.
    I’ve found that a lot of the folks I hand cards out to don’t have Facebook.
    Still working on a site.

The QR code was from an app I use… You enter your Web address into a box and it converts it into a QR code.
    Right now it just redirects to my FB page, but I may just create a gallery and relink it.
    Still working on a site.

Okay I got it . Good luck with the cards .

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Still working on a site.

Is the app is free to give you a QR code?

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Still working on a site.

There are lots of sites, as well as apps, that generate QR codes. The one I use is http://www.qr-code-generator.com/
    Totally free unless you want added functionality of some kind.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

WoodsConstruction wrote:

asevereid wrote:
    Still working on a site.

There are lots of sites, as well as apps, that generate QR codes. The one I use is http://www.qr-code-generator.com/

Yep, I use that same one. Super easy user interface, and codes are saved to their own gallery on your device for easy retrieval.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

WoodsConstruction wrote:

asevereid wrote:
    Still working on a site.

Yep, I use that same one. Super easy user interface, and codes are saved to their own gallery on your device for easy retrieval.

Well I really should have looked into that a little harder when I was doing my cards. I really thought you had to pay for them. Technology is really not one of my strong points anymore!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I really like the idea of the QR code and linking it to the business website. I may have to look into that next time I get cards printed.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I really like the idea of the QR code and linking it to the business website. I may have to look into that next time I get cards printed.

I really like that idea too. I may put mine on the back side.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro

Technology is really not one of my strong points anymore!

Don’t I know it. My 13 yo knows more than I do in areas I should know. It’s almost a full time job keeping up with it.

With everyone having a smart phone today . It’s a great way for clients to reach you with just a click away .

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

For those with experience with the QR codes, does the person scanning it need an app or will the phone camera do the trick?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

For those with experience with the QR codes, does the person scanning it need an app or will the phone camera do the trick?

Good question. You might need a app. I just googled “how to scan a QR code” and this is what came up. Word for word.

To use QR codes conveniently you must have a smartphone equipped with a camera and a QR code reader/scanner application feature. Luckily, the newer smartphones models available today often have an app pre-installed on them.

ProTom
    Pro
    Bear Lake, MI

Most of your current phone models have built in QR code readers. Iphones you just open the camera app and it will scan it.
    I also use http://www.qr-code-generator.com/ to make QR codes. Its very easy just type in the URL that you want it to point to and click on Create QR Code button. Easy as that.
    I use to have one on the back of my business cards that pointed to my photo gallery.

Always learning, and some teaching along the way.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I use to have one on the back of my business cards that pointed to my photo gallery.

That’s a good idea right there.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 19 posts - 101 through 119 (of 119 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.924 seconds