dcsimg

Business Cards

This topic contains 118 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 119 total)
  • Author

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I thought that might be a good thing to get and then give to clients that I do kitchens for. It would be a good advertisement to leave behind on their fridge.

Dan that is great idea. Always need to find a way to stand out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Giving out business cards is the cheapest form of advertisement. I’ll give them out like candy if I can.

woodman_412

The cards I got work out to 5 cents each so I try and give out as many of them as I can. It’s a pretty economical way to get your name out there. I noticed in the list of things that Vista Print offers that they do business card fridge magnets. I thought that might be a good thing to get and then give to clients that I do kitchens for. It would be a good advertisement to leave behind on their fridge.

Have you ever priced them out to see what they would cost compared to regular cards ?

I think the magnetic ones were something like $8 for 25. If you were just leaving them with clients that you did work for they would definitely be an affordable way to go. I wouldn’t want to hand them out as freely as regular cards though.

Dan

danpattison.com

My new business cards just arrived on Friday in the mail. I ordered them from Vista Print online and I was really happy with going that route. They came quick and were pretty economical. What do you guys think?

I like the new cards . Simply and you can read what’s on it clearly ..

Always willing to learn .

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Cards are cheap and a must. I give them to just about everyone i meet. Worst case you drop them in the jars at the sub shop and get a free meal

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Giving out business cards is the cheapest form of advertisement. I’ll give them out like candy if I can.

So do I. Have to get the name in front of the customer.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Jummul
    Pro

Be careful with overgiving it. I would be hesitant to give a job to someone who threw their cards at me. Only give them when you actually talked to the person. (some people just put them on every table they can find)

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I’ll post mine today. Seems I keep forgetting.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Be careful with overgiving it. I would be hesitant to give a job to someone who threw their cards at me. Only give them when you actually talked to the person. (some people just put them on every table they can find)

I get a lot of people who ask me for a bunch of cards to pass out to their friends .

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

When I do a job I always give them several cards. I always figure on getting 3 more customers from every job I do.

woodman_412

I get a lot of people who ask me for a bunch of cards to pass out to their friends .

That’s the best way to have it John. You definitely can’t beat word of mouth advertising and a business card coming from a satisfied customer means even more than if it comes from you. The client that I did that recent kitchen reno for asked for a stack of cards to give to their friends so I need to get some of my new ones to them.

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie
    Pro

You want something that lasts a long time in a person’s possesion and that reminds them of having dealt with you in the past, I strongly recommend having some rubber jar grip openers made up with your logo/biz name on them.

I have some I got over 30 years ago from a place and I still use to this day.

Here’s a sampling of what I’m talking about that I pulled randomly from the internet.

SamM
    Pro

Here’s mine.

woodman_412

You want something that lasts a long time in a person’s possesion and that reminds them of having dealt with you in the past, I strongly recommend having some rubber jar grip openers made up with your logo/biz name on them.

I have some I got over 30 years ago from a place and I still use to this day.

Here’s a sampling of what I’m talking about that I pulled randomly from the internet.

That’s a great idea Kevin. Something that people always use and will keep. That would be another great kitchen item to give people that you’ve built a kitchen for but would work for anything.

Here’s mine.

I like your card Sam. Nice and clean and simple with the important info on it.

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie
    Pro

That would be another great kitchen item to give people that you’ve built a kitchen for but would work for anything.

It did not occur to me, but you’re right. There is a definite connection for a lot of guys here who build kitchens here for their clients. Brilliant!

woodman_412

Maybe I should get some jar openers and some fridge magnets made up with my logo and info on them and maybe some pens too. I’ll just fill the clients kitchen with Fox Hollow stuff so that everyone knows who built the kitchen 🙂

Dan

danpattison.com

Doobie
    Pro

How bout wallpaper with your logo on it….or would that be pushing it?

Lol!

Anonymous

My mother was an officer at the local bank, and would come home with all kinds of stuff with the bank logo on it. The two items we got the most use out of were the compressed sponges and the rubber jar grips.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

When I do a job I always give them several cards. I always figure on getting 3 more customers from every job I do.

That’s a great idea.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

The cards I got work out to 5 cents each so I try and give out as many of them as I can. It’s a pretty economical way to get your name out there. I noticed in the list of things that Vista Print offers that they do business card fridge magnets. I thought that might be a good thing to get and then give to clients that I do kitchens for. It would be a good advertisement to leave behind on their fridge.

Have you ever priced them out to see what they would cost compared to regular cards ?

I think the magnetic ones were something like $8 for 25. If you were just leaving them with clients that you did work for they would definitely be an affordable way to go. I wouldn’t want to hand them out as freely as regular cards though.

If you have an Office Max in your area, or other large office supply store, I have seen Magnetic card blanks that have adhesive on one side that you can just attach your card to. They are sized to a standard business card. I am not sure what the cost is but it may be worth trying.

With so many people switching to Stainless Steel Appliances, the magnetic cards seem to have lost their luster here. they will not stick to the SS fronts of the appliances. They are still good for file cabinets in offices and tool boxes. On our fridge, there is just a little metal exposed on the side where a magnet will stick.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 119 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.498 seconds