dcsimg

Built in project

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Nice project you built . Spraying part is the tuff part . Thanks for sharing .

Always willing to learn .

Hey Aaron! Welcome to BTP! I remember you talking about this over ther. It looks very good! The finish takes time to get better at.

My first built in I sprayed with ProClassic was a disaster! I ended up putting on 3-4 coats by the time it was all said and done. I totally underestimated the amount of sag that product has.

See if your store will give you a discount to try KemAqua. It is basically a water based “laquer” product. Sprays easier out of a gravity HVLP gun. Fast tack time and hard finish. They have a primer, coating, and clear.

I decided I like doing built in’s onsite and doing the finishing on site as well if I can get away with it. It doesn’t always work out that way,

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Hey Aaron! Welcome to BTP! I remember you talking about this over ther. It looks very good! The finish takes time to get better at.

My first built in I sprayed with ProClassic was a disaster! I ended up putting on 3-4 coats by the time it was all said and done. I totally underestimated the amount of sag that product has.

See if your store will give you a discount to try KemAqua. It is basically a water based “laquer” product. Sprays easier out of a gravity HVLP gun. Fast tack time and hard finish. They have a primer, coating, and clear.

I decided I like doing built in’s onsite and doing the finishing on site as well if I can get away with it. It doesn’t always work out that way,

Thanks, I’ll have to check that out.

i don’t really like building on site much. If its part of a larger project I will do it on site sometimes, but if its the only thing I’m doing, I will do it in the shop. I try to not be disruptive when at all possible.

Does the kem aqua give off alot of fumes?

Nice job @aa_custom! It is a great look. However, I would be worried about the counter surface showing wear with a paint finish knowing how things get pushed on the countertop. Just wondering if there was any consideration of a hard countertop like tile or stone?

KenW
    Pro

Nice looking book shelves. The inset doors really changes the looks, too.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Nice job @aa_custom! It is a great look. However, I would be worried about the counter surface showing wear with a paint finish knowing how things get pushed on the countertop. Just wondering if there was any consideration of a hard countertop like tile or stone?

The pro classic is a reasonably hard enamel, so I’m not too worried about wear. I’m sure it will show some over time though. I think a tile or stone top wouldn’t work as well with the look.

This is a great project! Came our really nice.

Orange County, CA

KemAqua doesn’t have bad fumes at all. Very similar to a strong latex smell. It cleans up with water.

Andrew

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

KemAqua doesn’t have bad fumes at all. Very similar to a strong latex smell. It cleans up with water.

Thanks, I’ll look into that for next time!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

aa custom very nice project. Looks really great.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Nice! Clean, crisp look.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

That setup looks really nice and fits well in the spot. How long did it take you to complete it?

kzcarp
    Pro

That mantle now looks a little overwhelmed by the built ins. I am really disturbed by mantles standing on such spindly legs, they look out of place or something. But, again your built ins do look good.

kevin

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

That setup looks really nice and fits well in the spot. How long did it take you to complete it?

I had about 3 weeks into the project.

I feel like I should have done it in about half the time. This was one of those jobs where I just kept making and fixing mistakes. I built all my doors and inch too big because I didn’t double check my math, so I had to rebuild those at the lasti minute.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow you do really nice work, I’d love to finish off a wall in my living room like that. Using an electric fireplace

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Thanks everyone for the comipliments!

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Holy crap I look illiterate when I type on my phone!

Wow you do really nice work, I’d love to finish off a wall in my living room like that. Using an electric fireplace

Some of those units are really nice @Dabbs. We did a built in using one. It looked real sharp.

Andrew

DrCoolhand
    Pro
    McAllen, TX

Man I love built-ins. Had some at the house I grew up in and miss then everyday, well not everyday, but… you know.

These look great. And finishing is my problem as well. Glad to know it’s not just me.

Yes, my name is Luke. No, you are not my Father.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Thanks doc!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.677 seconds