dcsimg

Built in bench project.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Hey all, been absent for a while.
    Here’s something I’ve been working on… A wrap around built in bench for one of my favorite clients.
    I think in this post I’ll be able to include the concept, and the rough assembly before the upholstery company got their hands on it.
    Here we go!

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Looks pretty good, I know I want to attempt this in the future. What does it look like after the upholstery company was done with it?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Hey all, been absent for a while.
    Here’s something I’ve been working on… A wrap around built in bench for one of my favorite clients.
    I think in this post I’ll be able to include the concept, and the rough assembly before the upholstery company got their hands on it.
    Here we go!

Looking good, will this be in a rec room or other room in the house?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

@asevereid thats funny , i took my daughter to her friends last night for her to have a play date with her friend , we the parents sat around a bench like that in the kitchen , i think its a great idea , looking forward to seeing the finished product , the one last night had built in storage with matching kithchen cabinet doors ,

PS ilke your signature at the bottom of your post

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Very nice concept. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

we are working on a water damage repair for a home that has a similar seating arrangement in the kitchen. The bases are looking good, looking forward to the finished product.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Cool project. Never built one, price it out once but didnt get it.

Will any of the wood be finished or is this going to be fully upholstered?

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like a super project. Custom built ins are very nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice project you did there . How long does it take you to do that design on computer program . Will the sides be painted.

Always willing to learn .

redwood
    Pro

Wow, those individual sections look just like the booths we used to make for this taqueria chain. They would get painted red, orange, green or blue. No cushions.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

The seat backs and seats will get upholstered, and after the unit is installed at the site, the owners are going to determine the finish… Might be beadboard and shaker style trim, or it might get raised panels applied to it.
    I’m really hoping it’s finished at the upholterers before the end of this week so that I can install it on Sunday.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

As a kid we grew up with this kind of seating , I still like it today and I love the storage idea in the benches.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Thought of something like that myself. Looks to be an interesting project. I was going to ask if there was built in storage. More storage space is always welcome. Particularly if you live in a mobile home like I do.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Do you have a picture of the location? I think it could be awesome in the right spot.

Will

The seat backs and seats will get upholstered, and after the unit is installed at the site, the owners are going to determine the finish… Might be beadboard and shaker style trim, or it might get raised panels applied to it.
    I’m really hoping it’s finished at the upholterers before the end of this week so that I can install it on Sunday.

Working on Sunday’s stinks . Was the upholstery shop pricy .

Always willing to learn .

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Looking good, I’m looking forward to seeing the finished product when its installed!

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Thanks guys.
    The upholstery is not my cost… The owner is going to pay for it upon completion and then I will pick it up to install it.
    I’m installing on a Sunday just because it’s going to be very intrusive and will take a day to get it on there.
    I’m stuck in the beginning of a different project right now that I hope I can wrap up before Saturday.

Thanks guys.
    The upholstery is not my cost… The owner is going to pay for it upon completion and then I will pick it up to install it.
    I’m installing on a Sunday just because it’s going to be very intrusive and will take a day to get it on there.
    I’m stuck in the beginning of a different project right now that I hope I can wrap up before Saturday.

any update for the bench install, did it get back from the upholster place ,

Clev08
    Pro

Looks good we had one of those I our other house and it was a really good use of the minimal space we had.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

There is a development, but not a good one.
    They’ve opted out of the project because it won’t satisfy their requirements for additional seating space; but we did end the project on an amicable note.
    There are no penalties on my end, but I’ve offered up a day of free labor to them for the future.
    I get to keep the un-upholstered bench assemblies and may try to market them to someone else. As they sit right now they can be modified to fit another space, so I’ll see how that goes.

Chalk this one up to poor communication on my end (regarding the finished size of the assemblies).

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.413 seconds