dcsimg

Built ford tough

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

A garbage truck just slid into my van. It’s currently holding it from sliding down the hill. Barely dented the bumper.

As long as everyone is okay . Is it a city or private truck .

So I guess there goes the new transit .

Always willing to learn .

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

YIKES!!

I assume your van was parked? Those garbage truck drivers are nutz. I’ve had my truck hit and the garage hit twice. All different drivers.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Hey if nobody got hurt, it’s only metal. Just a pita. I also agree about Ford tough 😉

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That’s a bummer , looks like a pretty steep hill too.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

No harm no foul. Seems ok so far. Hopefully no damage happened to the tranny or front end from being pushed like that. Looks like just a small dent on the bumper. The guys were glad I was parked there, otherwise it probably would have slid down the whole hill. I think the driver needed some new pants.

He did say he pulled his e brake when he started sliding. Probably not the best idea

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

How far did the garbage truck push your van? Garbage truck drivers are nuts! I did a job in Coraopolis several years ago and a garbage truck sideswiped my truck – he didn’t even stop, just kept going. Luckily there was several witnesses so the garbage company had to fix my truck.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Once they start sliding, no stopping them. Looks like a steep hill they probably rounded the crest and couldn’t stop.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Good to hear it’s only a dented bumper… could have been much worse.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

make sure you have axle and front end checked if it pushed it sideways any distance

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

It got pushed sideways about 8-10 feet, and up and over a curb and a compacted snow bank. It feels ok so far but I think I’ll probably still get it checked out.

Glad it appears minor. Hopefully it stays that way. More importantly, you are not hurt (making that assumption since you have not said otherwise)! Getting the underside checked out would make sense.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yikes!! I hate when that happens, Pulling the parking brake which is probably air is the dumbest thing he could have done. That would have locked em all up with absolutely no control what so ever, Geez man, Don’t them guys have CDL’s? he needs more training in truck driving

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hopefully it was slippery enough that your truck did not get any front-end suspension damage. When you get the estimate have them add it on at the body shop, front suspension check and alignment.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Luckily I was working in the house when it happened.

The van felt fine on the drive home today, no wheels fell off, no shaking or wobbling to speak of. I’ll probably still get it checked out though.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Got lucky with that one. Good no real damage so far. I would get it checked out though. Might have knocked it out of alignment.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

What did the driver of the other vehicle say? Was he apologetic or did he try to run?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

woodman_412

Glad everyone was ok. Is there anything going through insurance or was the damage too minor?

Dan

danpattison.com

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

So far it looks like it was too minor to worry about insurance. The driver actually came to knock on the door. They were pretty freaked out and very apologetic.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

he barely hit you if its not dented.. my boss has a super duty thats beat to death.. hes had 4 panels replaced twice each and the back bumper once.. ford aint that tough

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.616 seconds