dcsimg

building code variations by region

This topic contains 24 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  cranbrook2 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Most of the building inspectors I have met think they know it all .The one in my area doesn,t know half of what I know .He has to constantly look everything up 🙂

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

John L. with inspectors, knowledge is power. If you can show them that you know what you are talking about enough times, they will finally take your word for it.

A solid knoledge of the code is invaluable when dealing with them. I have threatened to send mine a bill for continuing education a couple of times when I had to teach them the code that they should know.

cranbrook2
    Pro

John L. with inspectors, knowledge is power. If you can show them that you know what you are talking about enough times, they will finally take your word for it.
    <P></P>
    <P>A solid knoledge of the code is invaluable when dealing with them. I have threatened to send mine a bill for continuing education a couple of times when I had to teach them the code that they should know.</P>

That is very true .I know the inspector in my area just tells me to draw up what I want to do and then he looks at it for a few minutes and passes it . I think he has a pretty good idea that I am up with all the building codes .

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I used to work with one inspector that was a real pleasure to work with. I always met him when he came and he pointed out what was wrong. If it was something that had just been overlooked I promised to fix it. If I didn’t understand what was wrong I would ask and he would explain it. Not in a condescending way but in a teaching way. Lots of respect both ways. First couple of times he came back and checked our fixes then he just trusted us.

cranbrook2
    Pro

When I was building houses for 20 years the inspector would go through a few houses and after that he would just stand at the front door and pass everything . Once they get to know how you work they usually aren,t too bad .

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.722 seconds