dcsimg

Buildclean

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 241 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

So do you just cut a piece of ply or cardboard and put that in an open window and then cut a hole for the duct?

That is all I do. In the basement I popredict out the small hopper vent in a gb window and reduced the duct down with a round to square transitionand some square metal duct to fit the opening.

Any issues in the northern climate sucking to much air our and causing heating issues ( or lack thereof )when used in cold weather and the negative pressure mode?

I bought one back in the fall. I’ve got about 200 hours on mine. It works well to clear the air in a room, but if you’re not careful dust still gets out pretty easily. It really seems to work best in small rooms, set up in a negative pressure set up, and near the dust source.

I think that’s a great point you mentioned . You can’t just have it set up in a space and ask it to clean all the air pollution .

Always willing to learn .

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Any issues in the northern climate sucking to much air our and causing heating issues ( or lack thereof )when used in cold weather and the negative pressure mode?

Not really. It will make the room cooler in negative air mode but it hasn’t created any issues for me.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Most of the time when I’m using it, it’s during a full gut of a room so the heating is off anyways.

Not really. It will make the room cooler in negative air mode but it hasn’t created any issues for me.

Hell most times I like the room cooler if I am working inside. Crazy to me how warm some people keep their homes.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

How have I not seen these before. Those look a lot better than the dust cleaners I use. Usually a box fan with some kind of filter.

Most of the time when I’m using it, it’s during a full gut of a room so the heating is off anyways.

Even if it not a full gut I tell the homeowners to turn it off if they can depending on the outside temperature . If not I throw a filter on the grill .

Always willing to learn .

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Hell most times I like the room cooler if I am working inside. Crazy to me how warm some people keep their homes.

I couldn’t agree more! The little bathroom I just finished the Holy kept the house at 78 and the only window in the bath was solid glass block….I was roasting in there.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

@ChadM that’s like a freakin sauna.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I couldn’t agree more! The little bathroom I just finished the Holy kept the house at 78 and the only window in the bath was solid glass block….I was roasting in there.

That is how the office job is. The ladies keep the place at 82°. Really dreading the next faze when I have to be on that side of the building.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I bet that was really uncomfortable with no ventilation. Sometimes you run into strange working conditions. I could tell you about cars in the shop that should be clasified as an EPA superfund site they were so dirty.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That is how the office job is. The ladies keep the place at 82°. Really dreading the next faze when I have to be on that side of the building.

82? You’re kidding. Why would they want the inside to be “outdoors in summer” warm?

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

82? You’re kidding. Why would they want the inside to be “outdoors in summer” warm?

They are nut’s if you ask me. lol Always complaining they are cold.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Clev08
    Pro

I would think it could be used to keep dust off a project while applying paint of finish coats. Especially in a shop that doesn’t have a dust collection system.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Here’s a time lapse I made today. Patching in a tile repair and had to grind out a bunch of thinset with a cup grinder:

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/mK3Vcnh-uSg?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>
    Here’s a time lapse I made today. Patching in a tile repair and had to grind out a bunch of thinset with a cup grinder:

Nice video! It really shows how well the buildclean works in negative air mode.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/mK3Vcnh-uSg?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Nice video! It really shows how well the buildclean works in negative air mode.

It really cleaned it up quickly. The best part was you would have never known what I was doing on the other side of that plastic.

Clev08
    Pro

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/mK3Vcnh-uSg?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Would have been really nice to have one of those when I used my grinder to remove sections of a 1 1/2 inch thick concrete wall in a bathroom so the plumbers could run new plumbing. How long did the timelapse last?

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/mK3Vcnh-uSg?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Would have been really nice to have one of those when I used my grinder to remove sections of a 1 1/2 inch thick concrete wall in a bathroom so the plumbers could run new plumbing. How long did the timelapse last?

A few minutes. No more than 5 I’d say

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

I had mine set up a few months ago for the plumber so he could cut out some trenches in a slab to run lines for a new bathroom. He was pretty blown away by it.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 241 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.623 seconds