dcsimg

Buildclean

This topic contains 240 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  RyanF 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 241 total)
  • Author

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

it is an interesting product and at the cost of a large HEPA vac, not all that much more. I wonder how long the filters last and how much replacements are. I have found that some manufacturers almost give away the tool and then make it up in the filters.

For example, my wife bout a floor vacuum for the lake place, just a 40 dollar cheap one, but when it neede3d a new dust filter, the filter was like 30 bucks. it was almost cheaper to get a whole new unit.

If the unit lives up to the claims in the video, it would be well worth it to keep customers happy.

I sent an e-mail to the company asking for a sales rep to contact me. As soon as I get some info I will post it here.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

A Carpenter's Journal

Housewright Construction

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Very interesting. I would have liked to see him open the canister after clearing the room. Negative air is great if it’s not windy and renting air scrubbers a couple of times would pay to own this one.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I am with you all on the value of air filtration and keeping dust down. I may be wrong on this but if we arent doing abatement “which im betting most of us arent licensed to do” Do we really need Hepa? There are many air filters, neg air marchines on the market for less money that would surly limit the dust are there not? Though i guess a unit this small could be worth the couple extra hundred.

Have any of you just tried the woodshop style filters by jet, delta and others sold for around $300? will they capture the fine dust?

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I may be wrong on this but if we arent doing abatement “which im betting most of us arent licensed to do” Do we really need Hepa?

Right now no, you do not have to have a HEPA air filter but it probably isn’t long in coming – especially on RRP jobs.

I heard back from the sales rep for BuildClean. These are the prices he gave me:

Air scrubber with HEPA filter and one pre-filter – $980
    Pre-filters – $23
    HEPA filters – $150
    25′ x 8″ diameter hose with clamp for negative air pressure use – $66

He said with everyday use the pre-filters should last about 30 days (they can be shaken out when dirty multiple times until they are too dirty to re-use).

The HEPA filters last around 5,000 hours of use.

He also said that the unit has a no risk guarantee. If you use it and are not happy with the performance they will give you a 100% refund.

That sounds pretty good to me – I have his email and phone number if anybody is interested PM me and I will give it to you.

kurt@welkerhomes.com

@overanalyze

@crpntrfeak

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

A Carpenter's Journal

Housewright Construction

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have to agree with Chad, any work in a home built prior to 1978 kicks in the RRP. That means HEPA vacs and a lot of PITA paperwork. I avoid it but still have a HEPA vac. I have seen so much blow through on standard shop vacs, it is worth it to help keep jobs clean. The biggest difference is when cutting drywall or grinding concrete, the HEPA is definitely the way to go. That dust is so fine, a standard vac will not contain it.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

They kind of remind me of the ridged air filtration systems .Similar filters .

Thanks for the pricing info Chad! If it would have been available 3 months ago we probably would have bought one. Right now I am fairly happy with out little setup. Might price it in on the next large occupied reno though.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

This seems like a good product but if you don’t make much dust it is not cost effective.

Concord Carpenter and Houz both have some great reviews. I think people talking about you setting it up will bring new business.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Damnit, looks like another new tool to buy.

If it works as promised it seems like it would pay for itself pretty stinkin quick.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I have a unit on the way from Build Clean to test out. There will definitely be some more posts coming up and a review.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

A Carpenter's Journal

Housewright Construction

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I have a unit on the way from Build Clean to test out. There will definitely be some more posts coming up and a review.

Great, will be looking forward to you thoughts on the unit.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

If it is nearly as good as expected, this will be a great pick up.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Right on! You’re not playin around, can’t wait for the review.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Good news there Chad. Looks like a lot of companies are checking out the posts on BTP.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I could use this every time I demo a kitchen and make a mess of a lot of the home with all the dust. We put up plastic and stuff to help but this looks like a big help. Can’t wait for the review.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I could use this every time I demo a kitchen and make a mess of a lot of the home with all the dust. We put up plastic and stuff to help but this looks like a big help. Can’t wait for the review.

If the product works and the review is positive I think this tool could be used to help sell remodels or at least differentiate your company from the others. A video on your smart phone or tablet showing how this product helps keep down the dust could go a long way in selling the job. Something like one of Mozes time lapse deals could really help.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Right on! You’re not playin around, can’t wait for the review.

Nope – I am not playin around!

If the product works and the review is positive I think this tool could be used to help sell remodels or at least differentiate your company from the others. A video on your smart phone or tablet showing how this product helps keep down the dust could go a long way in selling the job. Something like one of Mozes time lapse deals could really help.

Build Clean also has literature to give to HO’s to show how the system will help keep their home clean – they are sending me some of that too. From my discussion with them I can say that they are very confident in the performance of their product.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

A Carpenter's Journal

Housewright Construction

Wow @chadm! Very cool. Can’t wait to get your input and feedback on the unit.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 241 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 3.900 seconds