dcsimg

Buildclean

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 241 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have mine sitting at the front door right now, I have not had a need for it but I have a couple interior remodels coming up that I plan to use it on. I think it will be a great asset and make a significant impression on the customer on keeping things clean.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Oh wow this thing is very expensive it’s good to manage the dust before it gets airborn but for demos this will work good but price is very high

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

@masterbosch the price does seem high at first but after you consider the benefits it just makes sense. Mine has been in use for quite a while now and I don’t have any complaints.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@chadM it is but comes with 5 hepa filter also I am sure it will pay in the long run also I agree but I didn’t think would be that much house type ones are around 300$ I was looking at them.before so when I see this felt it’s a lot but I am sure it’s great unit.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

@masterbosch the price does seem high at first but after you consider the benefits it just makes sense. Mine has been in use for quite a while now and I don’t have any complaints.

Very well said. We have several hundred hours on our unit now. It helps a ton during demo and drywall. We run it on our new construction sites behind our cut station in the house to further help keep things cleaner.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

RyanF
    Pro

@chadm it is but comes with 5 hepa filter also I am sure it will pay in the long run also I agree but I didn’t think would be that much house type ones are around 300$ I was looking at them.before so when I see this felt it’s a lot but I am sure it’s great unit.

No, not 5 HEPA filters. 5 pre filters.

@chadm

Im not worried about the price. If it does what it says for the next 10 years, it’s well worth it.

Im just trying at this point to figure out if the BC is worth a 40% or whatever premium over something like the a600.

The two differentiating things i like are the auto feature (assuming it works in perpetuity exactly as it’s supposed to, otherwise it could be a negative), and the name. BuildClean is simple and perfect, to the average customer and from a marketing standpoint.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

@chadm it is but comes with 5 hepa filter also I am sure it will pay in the long run also I agree but I didn’t think would be that much house type ones are around 300$ I was looking at them.before so when I see this felt it’s a lot but I am sure it’s great unit.

No, not 5 HEPA filters. 5 pre filters.

@chadm

Im not worried about the price. If it doesnt what it says for the next 10 years, it’s well worth it.

Im just trying at this point to figure out if the BC is worth a 40% or whatever premium over something like the a600.

The two differentinting things i like are the auto feature (assuming it works in perpetuity exactly as it’s supposed to, otherwise it could be a negative), and the name. BuildClean is simple and perfect, to the average customer and from a marketing standpoint.

The auto setting works well. That is the setting mine is generally set at. If I am doing a job that creates a lot of dust (demo, drywall sanding, etc), I switch it to high during that task then back to auto.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Very important if you do a lot remods to stress to the HO that you will employ the Build Clean system to keep the home as dust free as possible.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

So is the Buildclean basically an ambient air filter with serious pre-filters and big CPM?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

So is the Buildclean basically an ambient air filter with serious pre-filters and big CPM?

more or less it is. It pushes 300 or 600 CFM depending on the setting. With the auto setting it runs in 300 CFM then shifts to 600 it it detects a certain amount of dust in the air.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

This BuildClean unit seem like a must have to pull off clean remods. It’s on my long list.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This BuildClean unit seem like a must have to pull off clean remods. It’s on my long list.

If I was a remodeler and wanted to separate myself from the competition the Build Clean would be in my truck.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Why not just save your money and build a furnace fan in a box with as many filters or types you want? Cheaper better to suit your needs unless it’s asbestos and such hazard materials. More cfm than most scrubbers. Wire in a timer. Not sure if this has been mentioned yet. I am sure it has.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Why not just save your money and build a furnace fan in a box with as many filters or types you want? Cheaper better to suit your needs unless it’s asbestos and such hazard materials. More cfm than most scrubbers. Wire in a timer. Not sure if this has been mentioned yet. I am sure it has.

the build clean is a compact unit for what it does and easy to move around. Also it has been fully tested and has all very good stats on what it does. It has the high particle kick up. Its very nice to just hand your coustomer a flyer to explain how well you are protecting them .

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Why not just save your money and build a furnace fan in a box with as many filters or types you want?

That could be an option but as Dirty pointed out the Buildclean is a thoroughly tested unit. The sealing on the unit is such that it moves a lot of air and really cuts down on the dust in a customers home during a remod.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Why not just save your money and build a furnace fan in a box with as many filters or types you want?

That could be an option but as Dirty pointed out the Buildclean is a thoroughly tested unit. The sealing on the unit is such that it moves a lot of air and really cuts down on the dust in a customers home during a remod.

The Buildclean would be easier to pack around too!

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

A testimonial for the advertising aspects of having a BuildClean on site.

I had mine on job the other day where we were repairing drywall in a conference room of a large factory in town. The Facility guy saw it and checked it out. He asked my guys about it and they told him what it did. He was very impressed that we would go the the expense of trying to limit dust like that and told them “I am going to have you guys do more around here if you are using things like this to keep things clean”

Over time, I believe it will mean a lot of additional work just for showing that we care.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I had mine on job the other day where we were repairing drywall in a conference room of a large factory in town. The Facility guy saw it and checked it out. He asked my guys about it and they told him what it did. He was very impressed that we would go the the expense of trying to limit dust like that and told them “I am going to have you guys do more around here if you are using things like this to keep things clean”

Over time, I believe it will mean a lot of additional work just for showing that we care.

That’s great, When a product sells your work it quickly pays for itself.

Dirty

That’s great, When a product sells your work it quickly pays for itself.

I agree! Thats great! Showing that kind of care and attention to detail is a great way to stand out, and maybe even market yourself as a “premium product”

Oh wow this thing is very expensive it’s good to manage the dust before it gets airborn but for demos this will work good but price is very high

That’s one of the reasons I haven’t bought one yet . I haven’t had a major demo were it could return it’s value to the company over a straight out fan .

Always willing to learn .

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 241 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.703 seconds