dcsimg

Buildclean

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 241 total)
  • Author

Thats great the way they give you info for the client to look at. Think that would be a big push in your company’s favor

Hey guys,
    I have been using the Buildclean on a kitchen remodel on a house that is all brick and concrete. I mean all brick as in interior walls are brick (face brick on both sides of wall with a layer of brick in the middle). I have taken down 3 interior walls, cut plumbing chases in concrete floor, electric channels in walls, and opened walls up to run pipes and I can say the build clean has been awesome at “scrubbing the air”. I have been kicking myself for not purchasing it sooner as it has been really great to have on the remodeling jobs I do.
    It clears the room of concrete dust quickly. When I was jacking up the floor tile, I would put it right by me and I did n’ot need a respirator.. I had it in auto mode, knocked a stack off insulation over and it kicked in to high speed almost instantly-the auto sensor works great.
    All in all I think anyone who remodels will benefit from a Buildclean. yes it’s great for the client aspect of it, but it is so much better for us who work in dusty spaces dailyto breath cleaner air in my opinion.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have already thought about opening it up and wiring in a longer, flexible, 12g cord and screwing some large boat cleats to the side as a cord wrap.

Nothing like taking a new tool and hacking it so it is a better tool.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have already thought about opening it up and wiring in a longer, flexible, 12g cord and screwing some large boat cleats to the side as a cord wrap.

That sounds like a good mod.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

My Buildclean came last night and I used it today with great results. I know this unit costs a bunch but I won’t put a price tag on trying to achieve a healthier work environment. Even after a few hours of working in an area that I didn’t think was that dirty, the filter was definitely not white anymore. I’m excited to have this running on my job sites from demo to trim.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Hey guys,
    I have been using the Buildclean on a kitchen remodel on a house that is all brick and concrete. I mean all brick as in interior walls are brick (face brick on both sides of wall with a layer of brick in the middle). I have taken down 3 interior walls, cut plumbing chases in concrete floor, electric channels in walls, and opened walls up to run pipes and I can say the build clean has been awesome at “scrubbing the air”. I have been kicking myself for not purchasing it sooner as it has been really great to have on the remodeling jobs I do.
    It clears the room of concrete dust quickly. When I was jacking up the floor tile, I would put it right by me and I did n’ot need a respirator.. I had it in auto mode, knocked a stack off insulation over and it kicked in to high speed almost instantly-the auto sensor works great.
    All in all I think anyone who remodels will benefit from a Buildclean. yes it’s great for the client aspect of it, but it is so much better for us who work in dusty spaces dailyto breath cleaner air in my opinion.

This is an excellent endorsement on some real hard dirty work. I have a kitchen coming next month in a an open contemporary layout. Difficult to shield from dust. I may take the leap.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

@Tool_Addict I found the same thing today. We were removing a wall today. It was a plaster wall so we definitely were creating dust. By the end of the day the outer filter was very dirty. It really seemed to help. It also ramped up a couple times when we were sweeping at the end of the day.

I was very happy with the noise level of the unit. Running it on high all day wasn’t bad or annoying.

So far I am happy. It also helps when the client notices all your effort to keep the dust controlled.

I did not run it in negative pressure mode. I look forward to trying that to see how well it works.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

@overanalyze I agree, the noise wasn’t bad at all. I haven’t ducted it outside yet either but I’m sure it will work great. I’m glad others are finding this as useful as I found it to be today.

Sounding good so far Andrew, how do you like the FC barriers?

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I did not run it in negative pressure mode. I look forward to trying that to see how well it works.

You will be pleased. In my opinion, negative pressure mode is where the unit excels.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

@Siberian we love them! We have 2. Our older one has a tear in the middle at the top we need to get fixed but otherwise they have held up great. Every client thinks they are great too.

Andrew

You will be pleased. In my opinion, negative pressure mode is where the unit excels.

I am thinking in a small bath that would really be ideal. The fan puts out some air volume and in a small space I could see it strirring up the dust…of course it would be collecting it too.

Andrew

@siberian we love them! We have 2. Our older one has a tear in the middle at the top we need to get fixed but otherwise they have held up great. Every client thinks they are great too.

Thanks, they look nice for the price. Much better than the ones they shown how to make in RRP class few years ago. Not trying to get off subject, just jelous over the Build Clean,lol

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So far I am happy. It also helps when the client notices all your effort to keep the dust controlled.

Sounds good so far Andrew.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I know it has only been a week and a half since I purchased the BuildClean unit but I’m still so happy with it. It’s a good feeling to look at the dirty filter and know that dust is not in my lungs. If only I bought this sooner!

I am right there with you @Tool_Addict! We ran ours while we sanded drywall. Even though we use a Planex there is still some airborne dust. The air cleared up very fast with it running.

Andrew

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I know it has only been a week and a half since I purchased the BuildClean unit but I’m still so happy with it. It’s a good feeling to look at the dirty filter and know that dust is not in my lungs. If only I bought this sooner!

Looks another satisfied user of the BuildClean system. Nice to see a product that works well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I was able to see the Buildclean at the International Builders Show. The unit looks great and I was able to get one at a 10% Show discount

RyanF
    Pro

Ive decided for sure to get an air scrubber.

I really want to like the BuildClean. Ive also looked at the Ermator A600. Both do 300/600 cfm. Looks like the BC has more amps, so im guessing thats where it can kick in with a fairly clogged filter and still pull 600 cfm.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I like this build clean I’m gonna look into it 🙂

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 241 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.736 seconds