dcsimg

Buildclean

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 241 total)
  • Author
    ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Has anybody seen the Buildclean system? I was checking out their website and a couple online reviews and it seems like a pretty nice system. The price is a little steep but if it works as well as they claim it would pay for itself pretty quick.

http://buildclean.com/index.php

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

monman1
    Pro

Looks good if your working in someones home.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

That could be a great item with a simple negative pressure feature.

I have seen it and tried to get pricing info back in November before we bought that little shop air filter. I really like the concept. How much is it @ChadM?

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

@overanalyze the price I saw was in the JLC review and it said the unit was $1k…

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Looks good from what I seen on my news feed from tool box buzz today . Love all these new air cleaning systems hitting the market .

Always willing to learn .

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

@overanalyze the price I saw was in the JLC review and it said the unit was $1k…

ouch yup wont get one for a while

Wow…but compared to a commercial grade air scrubber it isn’t bad. Some of those can be 2-3k!

Andrew

staker
    Pro

That’s a neat system, it seems that a lot more people have breathing disorders, and to make it safer for your clients is a good thing.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Wow…but compared to a commercial grade air scrubber it isn’t bad. Some of those can be 2-3k!

Yeah, it is pretty steep but I still think that it could be worth it. Like you said – a commercial air scrubber can go for $3k and they aren’t as portable as that unit is. If you did a lot of interior remodels and the unit performed like they say….

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Yeah, it is pretty steep but I still think that it could be worth it. Like you said – a commercial air scrubber can go for $3k and they aren’t as portable as that unit is. If you did a lot of interior remodels and the unit performed like they say….

It would be invaluable if it really operates as advertised. They are right in saying customers don’t like dust everywhere. It really spreads if you aren’t actively trying to contain it,

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m not usually in the home with my cutting. If I’m inside I use the respirator.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Nice system! Might be even a good all around filter for dusty home environments. If the price was that high though it would be the limiting factor.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Man this pic on that site sure shows what a dusty condition can be, That would be horrible for the HO to live with.

Plus what’s the deal with his lighting arrangement LOL. Reminds me of the way I used to do things a loooong time ago, He needs an FL12 on a tripod

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

If you do a lot of remodels good be a good selling point. Keep the video on your smart phone and show it to the client when you present the estimate. Of course you’ll have to add a bit to the price for the tool investment, but the video could help explain the higher price and help the customer choose.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

If you did a lot of messy interior demo the unit would pay for itself pretty quick. It is amazing how much dust is created by knocking down a plaster wall. I know I have had a lot of clients who had concerns about the mess of a remodel – this could help with that. I would think the company has some literature they distribute, if not it wouldn’t be hard to make some up.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Remodeling creates dust period. Especially anytime you are cutting drywall or plaster. Those fine particles go everywhere regardless of how much plastic you have up. We turn off furnace fans and hang plastic which helps a lot, but this could be an extra step. Our little shop air filter helps, but I imagine this has quite a bit more air exchanges an hour. I would like to run one for a day to see how good it performed.

Andrew

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

Interested!!! I can’t find anything on it as far as where to purchase.

This is my goal, dust containment production. I believe it is a huge selling point. Many customers hire someone to clean their house from one end to the other after a remodel. Or they do it themselves. Like Over said, no matter how much plastic you put up, dust is going to get in the living area of the home.

Buying tools that contain all that dust is expensive. But when you can leave a home 90% or even 80% dust free, you have done a great job and the expense is well worth it.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Our little shop air filter helps, but I imagine this has quite a bit more air exchanges an hour. I would like to run one for a day to see how good it performed.

The JLC review said that the unit will do 36,000 cubic feet per hour – that is pretty impressive.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

it is an interesting product and at the cost of a large HEPA vac, not all that much more. I wonder how long the filters last and how much replacements are. I have found that some manufacturers almost give away the tool and then make it up in the filters.

For example, my wife bout a floor vacuum for the lake place, just a 40 dollar cheap one, but when it neede3d a new dust filter, the filter was like 30 bucks. it was almost cheaper to get a whole new unit.

If the unit lives up to the claims in the video, it would be well worth it to keep customers happy.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 241 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.649 seconds