dcsimg

Build It Out Of WooD

This topic contains 64 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Here’s a cart I built out of wood for my tools. The project has taken our parking away so we have to park blocks away in the neighborhoods.
    I will do some improvements on it in the next weeks.

That should do the job nicely. The wheels are a good size; do you have to cover much rough ground getting to the job?

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Here’s a cart I built out of wood for my tools. The project has taken our parking away so we have to park blocks away in the neighborhoods.

That looks like it will be perfect , just need the two different cup holders 🤔☺️

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That should do the job nicely. The wheels are a good size; do you have to cover much rough ground getting to the job?

Yes I have to go over very rough ground to get on the site. The entry is the mud wash pit with the small rocks about the size of a fist and the big ones twice that size. The one the site there are curbs and very rough ground to get to the units. Many of the other guys are taking note and looking to get better carts and wagons.
    This is what the cart started out as but with the tapered sides it just didn’t hold enough so that’s when I took off the plastic tub.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here’s a cart I built out of wood for my tools.

With square sides it should be holding a lot and the wheels look pretty good for rough terrain.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

ooooooh, needs some nice flames on top of a teal paint job

Doobie
    Pro

If you have to be going to and from the site in dark conditions at nite or early morning before the sun is up carting it along roadways, might I suggest getting some stick on high vis tape and sticking it on all sides. I did that for a cart like that for my kid when he uses it for his paper route. Lee Valley sells high vis stick on tape.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

If you have to be going to and from the site in dark conditions at nite or early morning before the sun is up carting it along roadways, might I suggest getting some stick on high vis tape and sticking it on all sides. I did that for a cart like that for my kid when he uses it for his paper route. Lee Valley sells high vis stick on tape.

No Hi vis tape,, I park in a neighborhood and there’s a sidewalk from where I unload it to the site. I am using a hi vis shirt.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am using a hi vis shirt.

That is pretty standard on construction sites nowadays.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

ooooooh, needs some nice flames on top of a teal paint job

I was thinking about a trailer hitch on his bike, then he’ll be all set , just add mudflaps to the trailer 😊

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Great idea. Got to save the back on the long haul.
    Now you just need one more upgrade.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie
    Pro

No Hi vis tape,, I park in a neighborhood and there’s a sidewalk from where I unload it to the site. I am using a hi vis shirt.

Good enough then.

Now you just need one more upgrade.

That would be a great ‘addition’. 👍

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

This should help get your tools to site. Are you going paint it?

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I should paint it to seal up the wood. Today I didn’t do much to it. I put some 1x around the top edge of the ply for the lid to close over. Lid not made yet. The wood I have around the house is in rough shape, I may need to get some. Tuesday is a holiday maybe I’ll do more then.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I put some 1x around the top edge of the ply for the lid to close over.

A lid will be a nice idea. You’ll be able to close it up if it rains.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro

I should paint it to seal up the wood. Today I didn’t do much to it. I put some 1x around the top edge of the ply for the lid to close over. Lid not made yet. The wood I have around the house is in rough shape, I may need to get some. Tuesday is a holiday maybe I’ll do more then.

Are you planning for a solid lid because you want to lock it? Or, if not just for the purpose of keeping the rain or prying eyes out, consider a smallish tarp that can be fastened down and be somewhat large enough to allow for things that will extend above it’s walled perimeter when you need to haul largish items that may not sit within the height of its existing walls.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Paint it to match the van .

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

That would be a great looking cart

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just need function, not going to get carried away.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Good plan, most jobs you can park nearby.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro

What further functionality are you looking for?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.600 seconds